Fine tuning system, setting gains, etc... help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mitchc1113

Ok so I'm at the point now where I have the sub and 6.5s installed along with their amps. Sundown Sd3 12" ported tuned to 32hz running off a JBL GTR1001 @ 4ohms, so its seeing around 700 watts. My 6.5s are NVX SP coaxials running off a Memphis SRX2.150 @4 ohms, amp is rated 50 watts rms x 2 @ 4ohms. Both the amps are getting their signal from my Audio Control LC2i. I have a stock HU, 2018 Chevy Silverado 8" Mylink Non Bose system.

So to start, on the HU I have my EQ set in the negative for bass, prob about +4 for mids & +3 for treble. The LC2i is tapped into my front L & R speakers behind HU for signal (Stock speakers no longer installed, just unhooked them & bypassed factory wires) I read that the front speakers are better to tap in the Silverado b/c they recieve a full range signal.

The LC2i is setup as follows, Accubass threshold is set all the way to the right bc when I did the test for bass roloff I didnt notice the bass going out or lower @ any point, I really listened & tested quite a few times but never noticed anything. Then the Accubass knob is @ 12 o'clock, Main (speaker amp, Memphis) @ 12 o'clock & Bass (JBL amp) about 2 oclock.

The JBL GTR1001 is set almost all the way down, bass boost almost all the way down, 0 degrees phase setting, My LPF @ about 80hz.

Finally, Memphis SRX2.150, gain is all the way down, have it set on the High Pass Filter, which is set quite high, if I set it under the halfway point (Only indicators I have are all the way left is down to about 30hz and all the way right is above 1khz, so I feel like halfway would be pretty high where I shouldnt have any bass coming out of them, but if I set it any lower and turn the volume up about halfway I hear a decent amount of distorted bass trying to come thru the speakers. Now I maybe wrong but I feel like I should be able to set the HPF @ like 150hz and not have a problem with too much bass trying to be played thru them?? I then have the boost set @ 0. I feel like I can tune this better, they sound really good, but I feel like they could be better.

I also noticed when I attempt to turn the gain on the amp up over like 1/4 it almost acts like a fader, the sound from the speaker goes to the passenger side and goes silent (or very quiet) on the driver side. Don't know why itd do that.

Any tips? Ideas? I have a multimeter that I can use, I actually tried to use it to set the LC2i, but when I did that I got my voltage output I needed was like 42 volts I believe and when I put the meter on the speaker outputs of amp with the lc2i bass knob all the way down I was at that 40 volts already and the more I'd turn the knob up, the voltage # would actually drop. I followed the instructions, had the 50hz test tone playing, sub was unhooked, just didnt seem to work.

So any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Mitchc1113

Mitchc1113
Pittsburgh, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Mitchc1113