NVX 6.5s & Memphis 150.2 installed (Pics of install)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mitchc1113

Well it's all finally starting to come together. Last weekend I had the CDT CL6 components with my Hifonics Warrior Hawk amp to power them & something was wrong, my LC2i began to smoke & the components cut out, but my amp never went into protection. So I decided to get a new amp, Memphis srx2.150 and I also got a pair of NVX 6.5 coaxials for the help of it b/c they were so cheap & because of not wanting to have to cut into anything since it's a lease I decided to give them a try.

Anywho, hooked up the Memphis amp with the NVXs and everything works fine, LC2i is running fine. Only things I changed were the amp & instead of having 2 remote wires coming out of the LC2i remote out I just used 1 and jumped the Memphis remote turn on from my JBL GTR1001, so it had to be 1 of those 2 factors. The NVXs sound better than I would have ever imagined. Amazing set of speakers for that price, in fact not even taking the price into consideration they're just great sounding highs. Now I feel like the highs can more than hold their weight w/ the bass my Sundown SD3 12" is producing!

The last thing I need to do is install the 2.75" dash speakers. The stock speakers are still in their now, but I'm going to replace them w/ a set of Memphis 2.75s that I'll just run off the HU. They should be in tonight so maybe I'll get them in tomorrow. Don't want the stock 1s running for too long since they're 2 ohms, they normally tie in with the door speakers to create a 4ohm load for the HU, but since I unhooked those & am running the NVXs off an amp the dash speakers are running by themselves, so I'm afraid to give the HU a 2ohm load for more than a few days, just to be safe.

Here's some pics of the install to date. The 1 of the 16awg wires is for the LC2i, Instead of just bare wire into the terminal I got some wire ferrules, very easy to use/crimp, add some heat shrink and your good to go! Seems like a more solid connection. I also used them for my 8 awg ground and my remote in to the JBL GTR1001. Tried to use them on my subwoofer speaker wire for input into the amp and into the banana clips on the sub box, for whatever reason it did not work, sub wouldn't play, took the wire ferrules off and it was fine... so I'm not sure what the deal was with that? But for everything else they worked great!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.