Pioneer avh-a205bt usb music help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

47whawk

Hi there,

I recently bought an AVH-A205BT headunit and I listen to music through a USB. It was working fine until I tapped on a specific album folder, and now it just keeps playing from that same artist and it's not shuffling correctly. I keep pressing Skip and then it goes to the same artist, then again and again and occasionally it will come up with someone else and then straight back to the same artist. Can someone help me? It happens every time I get in my car and it's very frustrating as I want to listen to all of my songs.

Hi there,
I recently bought an AVH-A205BT headunit and I listen to music through a USB. It was working fine until I tapped on a specific album folder, and now it just keeps playing from that same artist and it's not shuffling correctly. I keep pressing Skip and then it goes to the same artist, then again and again and occasionally it will come up with someone else and then straight back to the same artist. Can someone help me? It happens every time I get in my car and it's very frustrating as I want to listen to all of my songs.
are all of your songs in mp3 format? what does your file structure look like? mine is in root/genre/artist/album/songs and it plays random just fine. have you tried a different usb stick? some pioneer decks are kinda picky about the usb stick, especially the NEX devices, i know yours isnt a NEX, but the pickyness might have bled over into other OS iterations offered by pioneer as well. If nothing else, format your usb using FAT32 and put the music back on in the file structure i mentioned.

are all of your songs in mp3 format? what does your file structure look like? mine is in root/genre/artist/album/songs and it plays random just fine. have you tried a different usb stick? some pioneer decks are kinda picky about the usb stick, especially the NEX devices, i know yours isnt a NEX, but the pickyness might have bled over into other OS iterations offered by pioneer as well. If nothing else, format your usb using FAT32 and put the music back on in the file structure i mentioned.
Mine is just Root/Music/Album/Songs, and I use a Samsung USB (Samsung 3.1 USB Stick Bar Plus specifically is that helps). I'll look into reformatting it, however I bought it brand new just for this use
Thanks for the help!

Right on. Yeah, my new NEX unit wouldn't even play the old pny drive I've used for about 4 years on my ild pioneer unit (avhx4500dvd). Ticked me off. It would even bootloop the new deck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.