Orion monoblock

youdoofus

Skibidi
Ok, so the HCCA 3000.1dsplx... WTH???? I dont get how something with that footprint can put out 8799 watts and not cause nuclear fission at the same time!!! i mean, if it crossed to 8800 would it have gone back in time? I know that this isnt exactly what one would call a "budget" amp, but watt per dollar it pretty much is exactly that. Come to think of it, this isnt even a penny per watt. Anyone here have one of these yet?

They are nasty amps. My buddy has one and Tim has a few he is going to start a build with.

Other than being a cheater amp I don't understand companies calling a 6k amp a 3k.

Buttt it is also only $550 for this Orion amp and $800 for a sundown 3k..

Your math is terrible..... 1 penny per watt would 64,999 Watts for $649.99 This amp is 7.3 cents per watt... If your counting Dynamic power... As far as Cost Per Watt..... This is a pretty good value (But not market altering TBH).

It's competing with other full bridge amps. People just like it more because it has the orion name on it, and not Taramps, SD, Banda, etc

We'll see how it fairs in the long term

Ok, so the HCCA 3000.1dsplx... WTH???? I dont get how something with that footprint can put out 8799 watts and not cause nuclear fission at the same time!!! i mean, if it crossed to 8800 would it have gone back in time? I know that this isnt exactly what one would call a "budget" amp, but watt per dollar it pretty much is exactly that. Come to think of it, this isnt even a penny per watt. Anyone here have one of these yet?
4.8k amp I thought you knew better than to even bring up stupid @ss dynamic peak power numbers.

Been very skeptical of Orion since MD Audio bought them. That's the same people who market Lanzar BTW.

But, the XTR series seems to be pretty solid as long as you don't go crazy with the low impedance loads...they get silly inefficient.

However, it would appear that the HCCA's are pretty legit, and at 1 ohm as well.

Actually talked to the owner of a seriously loud ride a couple weekends ago...he's running two Sundown NS2's and a bunch of PRV Audio amps on his mids-highs..and he was singing the praises of the HCCA's. Take that for what it's worth.

Full disclosure, I'm not a SPL guy although I appreciate the sheer power. My only problem with the HCCA's is those ugly-*** endcaps! Dereck mentioned they had plans to fix that. Hope so and it can't happen too soon.

Been very skeptical of Orion since MD Audio bought them. That's the same people who market Lanzar BTW. But, the XTR series seems to be pretty solid as long as you don't go crazy with the low impedance loads...they get silly inefficient.

However, it would appear that the HCCA's are pretty legit, and at 1 ohm as well.

Actually talked to the owner of a seriously loud ride a couple weekends ago...he's running two Sundown NS2's and a bunch of PRV Audio amps on his mids-highs..and he was singing the praises of the HCCA's. Take that for what it's worth.

Full disclosure, I'm not a SPL guy although I appreciate the sheer power. My only problem with the HCCA's is those ugly-*** endcaps! Dereck mentioned they had plans to fix that. Hope so and it can't happen too soon.
MD has not been the historical distributor for the Lanzar we know... That was Sounds Around in NYC. MD was Lanzar Pro outside the USA, but I wonder if they acquired Lanzar recently.... Sounds Around has been blowing out their stock of Lanzar gear.

If your criteria for a "good" amp is the most "dynamic" power per dollar there's probably still better stuff out there.

For me, I'm also interested in how quickly or how often these will fail and how catastrophically. A lot of those Chinese made S&I amps, for example, use only single sided PCB. Cheap components, cheap board, and if something goes wrong what could have been a simple repair would make your cheap amp unsalvageable.

Good on whoever owns that brand name for finally making something under-rated again for the first time in 20 years, but I'll reserve my judgment on how amazing these are until they've stood the test of time.

orion s*cks, you see their new 200+ lbs subs? stupid af and the people that buy it are dumber.
This the one? It made my hernia repair twitch just looking at it, lol.

1514029253726_preproductionsplx.jpg

what i dont understand, is why /how did the Sundown do so poorly? i mean, all BS aside as i really didnt even care about the orion numbers, its impressive for a 5k amp @ $600.. but i was more interested in what MY svc 3k can do on the dyno.. Going off Jacobs post here:

SCV Amplifiers : Amp Dyno - Car Audio Classifieds!

it shows my 3k doing 3334W @ 12.67V certified, and big D dyno shows 3004W @ 14.62V ???

HTF is it that far off from one dyno to another of the same dyno?? Somewhere, there is error among us.

what i dont understand, is why /how did the Sundown do so poorly? i mean, all BS aside as i really didnt even care about the orion numbers, its impressive for a 5k amp @ $600.. but i was more interested in what MY svc 3k can do on the dyno.. Going off Jacobs post here:
SCV Amplifiers : Amp Dyno - Car Audio Classifieds!

it shows my 3k doing 3334W @ 12.67V certified, and big D dyno shows 3004W @ 14.62V ???

HTF is it that far off from one dyno to another of the same dyno?? Somewhere, there is error among us.
Every amp is different. U can have 10 of the same svc 3k amps and they will all clamp different numbers, prly all within 500watts of each other.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...