Arc Audio ARC 6.2 components questions.

Participant count
  • Participants list

ThxOne
Premium Member

The Boss
Any thoughts on these components? Has anyone used them with a DSP and running active? Has anyone just plain used them at all? I visited a local shop near me and the guy said he has two sets, brand new, just sitting in the back... apparently people think they cost too much at a little over $300 a set (His sale price). I inspected them, held them, the tweeters and mid-woofers. They seem to be very sturdy, good quality speakers. I like the power handling specs and the tweeter size and material (28mm silk domes). What are your impressions of them?

981d6ea89b933c7faff5f0468ed7df66.jpg

Those speakers in the picture are not SB Acoustics speakers or at least the SB17NRXC35-4 variant I have. The NVX/SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4 mid bass speakers are good sounding mid woofers with nice detail, but if you want lots of midbass than these are not for you. My Polk db6501 mid woofers I swapped these out for would murder these in mid bass, but these have a smoother, more detailed sound.

Those speakers in the picture are not SB Acoustics speakers or at least the SB17NRXC35-4 variant I have. The NVX/SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4 mid bass speakers are good sounding mid woofers with nice detail, but if you want lots of midbass than these are not for you. My Polk db6501 mid woofers I swapped these out for would murder these in mid bass, but these have a smoother, more detailed sound.
Read what I said again. Slower

I am just window shopping at the moment until I get the Pontiac home.
the world finalist SQ cars i've heard use scanspeak relevators and illuminators but those are out of your budget. Sb acoustics satori series are also out of your budget. Seas prestige is also good but their higher end line is ridiculous pricing. Audiofrog is up there too.

I'd say save up and really go into the beryllium tweeters route and quality mids. You are completely wasting money by buying sh*tty overpriced component sets with weak drivers. Literally just paying for overpriced crossovers you are just going to toss in the trash.

the world finalist SQ cars i've heard use scanspeak relevators and illuminators but those are out of your budget. Sb acoustics satori series are also out of your budget. Seas prestige is also good but their higher end line is ridiculous pricing. Audiofrog is up there too.
I'd say save up and really go into the beryllium tweeters route and quality mids. You are completely wasting money by buying sh*tty overpriced component sets with weak drivers. Literally just paying for overpriced crossovers you are just going to toss in the trash.
I looked at the pricing on the Scanspeak Revelators and SB Acoustics Satori speakers... I don't see how the majority of those speakers are out of my budget. Specifically these (6½" SATORI MW16PNW-4). Are these what you are saying I should run if I want good sound?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.