Need New Sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

dkennedy1989

I had a Rockford Fostgate P2 that had been sitting for a couple of years until i got my fusion, and when i hooked it up and played it for about a week the rubber surround came apart from the cone, I was running it at 2 ohms with my amp that is capable of running stable at 2 ohms with 500 rms.

I was looking at these to replace the single sub.

Below is some of the options i saw, what is your opinions.

Rockford Fosgate p3 600 rms $150

Sundown EV3 500 rms $140

Phoenix Gold SX 500 rms $300

Alpine Type S 500 rms $80

RE Audio 450 rms $150

Kicker Comp VR 400 rms $130

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had a Rockford Fostgate P2 that had been sitting for a couple of years until i got my fusion, and when i hooked it up and played it for about a week the rubber surround came apart from the cone, I was running it at 2 ohms with my amp that is capable of running stable at 2 ohms with 500 rms.
I was looking at these to replace the single sub.

Below is some of the options i saw, what is your opinions.

Rockford Fosgate p3 600 rms $150

Sundown EV3 500 rms $140

Phoenix Gold SX 500 rms $300

Alpine Type S 500 rms $80

RE Audio 450 rms $150

Kicker Comp VR 400 rms $130

are u doing ported box? if so the E, S or p3 if sealed the S.. for the $75 S is on sale for i'd get that on your power..

You said the S twice, so did you mean the Alpine or the Phoenix?
lol alpine.. guy here's has 1 or 2 says they awesome.. saw video of girl with 2 on u tube with big amp they were destroying inside of her car., i was impressed..

The Alpine 10” type S sounds awesome in a ported box (have one) if you give it a good amplifier capable of a clean 500 watts. The Alpine subs are sensitive to box design, size, and tuning frequency, so make sure you get that right. Really, the right box is what makes or breaks good sounding bass for any subwoofer. You didn’t state what size woofer you want/have.

I have no experience with the others you listed but I do know Sundown is good stuff. I have a SA-12 and SD3 and like them a lot.

The Alpine 10” type S sounds awesome in a ported box (have one) if you give it a good amplifier capable of a clean 500 watts. The Alpine subs are sensitive to box design, size, and tuning frequency, so make sure you get that right. Really, the right box is what makes or breaks good sounding bass for any subwoofer. You didn’t state what size woofer you want/have.
I have no experience with the others you listed but I do know Sundown is good stuff. I have a SA-12 and SD3 and like them a lot.
Sorry about that, it will be for a single 12" and I will be making a ported box to spec once the sub is chosen.
I also listen to alot of rock and metal with alot of quick bass hits, wanting more for the quality of bass than the loud.

Sorry about that, it will be for a single 12" and I will be making a ported box to spec once the sub is chosen.
I also listen to alot of rock and metal with alot of quick bass hits, wanting more for the quality of bass than the loud.

I have an Alpine SWS 12 and 10. The Alpine 10 sounds better in a ported box than the 12 in my opinion. I’m going to suggest the Sundown only because I own two different Sundown subwoofers and like them a lot. Too bad you don’t have the budget and power for a SA 12. I love how loud and deep mine goes in a 2 cube box on 1000 watts. I picked up mine refurbished for I think $130 and couldn’t tell it was rebuilt really. Compared to my Alpine 10 in the ported box, the SA 12 is an absolute beast. Of course one should expect that with more power, cone area, and a large box.

Don’t discount the FU Audio 300. The person that bought them from me owned a pair of Sundown E series and he was impressed with the FU Audio 300 series sound quality. They compared well to my 10” ported Alpine SWS and the 300 watt rating isn’t enough, they like 500 better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.