• Participant list

Sleeklsc
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cause I just stole these for a Jackson.

5x2zic.jpg

jindcz.jpg

2j1l9pt.jpg

Don't mid the marks, still need a thorough cleaning.

Looks like some G2 12s, nice find, you know I'm peanut butter and jelly.
Yup, d4's too.

Found it funny that there was just a discussion about Bostons in that thread. I found these on Fb Mp the following day (Not all that common). The box and woofers were dirty and didn't have a good description or pictures so that worked in my favor. Went in agreeing on $75 but one woofer did have a .5"x.25" scuff on the surround and the box needs a little help. He said $20 and I didn't argue with him. Kinda felt that I should've thrown him a bit more though.

Last edited by a moderator:
man, some of my favorite subs were the old boston pros from back in the early 2000s. Tiny sealed boxes and took a physical beating. The boston reps literally suggested standing on them to prove how tough they were. I stood on the 12" we had on display dozens upon dozens of times with a doc martens shoe weighing around 250 lbs and it never failed. I would also kick it while watching their faces because their reaction was hilarious. We didnt care if it did break because boston would just send us another one if id did break, but it never did. Wouldnt dare do that with the RF's, Alpines, Infinitys, or Xtants. The Boston pros were something else

man, some of my favorite subs were the old boston pros from back in the early 2000s. Tiny sealed boxes and took a physical beating. The boston reps literally suggested standing on them to prove how tough they were. I stood on the 12" we had on display dozens upon dozens of times with a doc martens shoe weighing around 250 lbs and it never failed. I would also kick it while watching their faces because their reaction was hilarious. We didnt care if it did break because boston would just send us another one if id did break, but it never did. Wouldnt dare do that with the RF's, Alpines, Infinitys, or Xtants. The Boston pros were something else
IIRC there was a Polk sub built tough like that back in the early to mid 90s that we used to kick in the demo board.

I used the same pair for almost two decades. They are well made and sound fantastic. I am going with some pancake subs this time around, simply to save some weight and give some newer tech a try. Will always have the Boston’s waiting for the next time.

Cleaned them top to bottom and put them in a much more sturdier box.

Also fixed the enclosure they came in that will house a pair of JBL CS1214 I ordered last week and will ultimately end up fs.

ogklc4.jpg

1621g76.jpg

241w35s.jpg

10n6e4l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.