B2 ref active with no DSP?

Participant count
  • Participant list

West1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ive got a zapco 165x4 and don't want to put up the funds for a DSP.

Would running a 6.5 component system without crossover or DSP on an NEX4100 sound better than passive crossover setup? I understand I can't dial in for best sound but would the speakers sound better than a passive setup?

Im stuck on:

A) Active setup. Zapco to B2 ref mids and tweets. Connect 6x9 coax directly to HU for rear doors.

B) Zapco to a pair of 6.5 components. B2 ref and need to buy a 2nd set of components (not to picky for rear set).

Tyvm for the suggestions!

Active and no rears. You won’t miss themThe HU should get you pretty far. Just can’t fine tune
I don't understand the No Rear scenarios. Does having rear speakers throw off front stage or something?

I've been told by a few people and have read front stage is the way to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.