Looking for a radio pod

ikpthegame
10+ year member

MN
So I'm sick of the factory eq curve in my 2013 ram. It's got the 8.4 touch screen so I cant just replace the radio. I'm thinking about adding a new radio in a storage area, but I'm looking for a pod that houses the radio. I know someone posted a link to one on here b4 but i cant find the post for the life of me. Let me know if you guys have any ideas.

Yeah a dsr1 is 250, I can get a good hu for under 150, just looking for a single din. I just need a pod/pocket for it and I can fab it up.

I changed my mind, found out metra makes a replacement kit for the dash that takes over all the factory ac controls and so on, and let's you install a ddin radio. Just gotta save up for it.

The DSR1 is a POS, get the JL FIX 86. I tried the DRS1 and own a JL Fix. The Fix will undo your factory EQ and time alignment and give you a flat clean signal for your amps to work with. You keep all your factory features for the price of a decent double din radio.

Dsr1 is not even close to a POS. My car now has the cleanest car audio I have ever had. In appearance and sound. You may have had a bad one or your factory wiring wasn't good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dsr1 is not even close to a POS. My car now has the cleanest car audio I have ever had. In appearance and sound. You may have had a bad one or your factory wiring wasn't good.
To their credit, I bought one of the very first ones to come out last year, so yes it had issues due to the early release. I did a direct swap with my JL TwK88 DSP and set everything exactly the same as my JL TwK88 as a stand alone DSP. It should have sounded the same, but it wasn’t even close. I then spent hours trying to fix it, but the software wasn’t ready in my opinion and it just frustrated the hell out of me, so I returned it for a refund and bought another JL TwK88. I was also turned off by the fact that Rockford didn’t list any specifications at the time about the actual processor or DAC.

Nothing personal I hope. I’m glad to hear that you are happy with yours, but based on my personal experience, and a direct comparison with my JL twk88, I feel as though it isn’t up to the standard I expect, even for a $250 DSP.

I’m the guy who left the review on Chrutchfield titled “DSP price too good to be true” and after reading a few other reviews I see I wasn’t the only one. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575DSR1/Rockford-Fosgate-DSR1.html?tp=70736

To their credit, I bought one of the very first ones to come out last year, so yes it had issues due to the early release. I did a direct swap with my JL TwK88 DSP and set everything exactly the same as my JL TwK88 as a stand alone DSP. It should have sounded the same, but it wasn’t even close. I then spent hours trying to fix it, but the software wasn’t ready in my opinion and it just frustrated the hell out of me, so I returned it for a refund and bought another JL TwK88. I was also turned off by the fact that Rockford didn’t list any specifications at the time about the actual processor or DAC.
Nothing personal I hope. I’m glad to hear that you are happy with yours, but based on my personal experience, and a direct comparison with my JL twk88, I feel as though it isn’t up to the standard I expect, even for a $250 DSP.

I’m the guy who left the review on Chrutchfield titled “DSP price too good to be true” and after reading a few other reviews I see I wasn’t the only one. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575DSR1/Rockford-Fosgate-DSR1.html?tp=70736
Of course not. I think thats what happened though. The initial release saw a bunch of really bad reviews. The software and firmware was apparently terrible. But every negative I have seen I haven't had a single one. Now, I also am using it as a OEM amp replacement.

I changed my mind, found out metra makes a replacement kit for the dash that takes over all the factory ac controls and so on, and let's you install a ddin radio. Just gotta save up for it.
Did you just said $250 for the DSR1 was to much? A good double din plus the dash kit and wiring will be much more and still not be as good as the DSR1.

I dont want a dsp in the first place, I dont have the room to mount one in my cab. Like I said I'm just gonna save up. Plus my factory radio started to have issues, like the hands free calling stopped working right, it will switch from FM to am all on it's own, and now the sound is cutting out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.