Weird Sub Issue

Kapt

OK stereo gurus. I got one for ya. I put a Kenwood system in my car. I have to Kenwood 12's boxed in the trunk powered by a 600.1 Kicker amp. If I connect either one of the 12's by itself, it booms. If I connect both 12's it sounds horrible. By horrible I mean they sound like someone spliced a speaker wire and it's shorting out. If I wire them paralel it's horrible. If I wire them in series you cannot even tell they are working they're so quiet. Anyone ever run across this before? It's a new one for me. In my truck I have the exact same amp running two 12's wired parallel and they sound great!

subs? single ou dual voice coil? 2 or 4 ohms coils?

amp, what ohm loads doess it support? if u dont know this info just put here de sub and amp models and i found out...

maybe ohm load does not match, maybe gain to high, maybe some bad wirering (ground) , maybe its clipping way to much....

Single voice coil 4 ohm subs. Amp is stable down to 1 ohm. Ground is good. It doesn't sound like it's a clipping issue. If it was only one sub doing it I would think I messed it up when I wired it. But since I can connect either one by itself it is fine. Connect the other and the problem starts

if it is cx amp is only 2 ohm stable not 1 ohm.... but thats not important in this case

with 2 single 4 ohm subs you can have 8 ohm load (series) or 2 ohms load (paralel), if you make it 8 ohms load the amp will overheat and sound like crap and low volume output cuz 8ohms is not suported by the amp and long term the amp will ive u problems, so wire it pararel so you have a 2 ohm load and the amp will be happy just adjust the gain propaly cuz less ohm load bigger the output...

Lotsa disinformation in there Op ^^^^ ...reading that garbage makes me wonder why he's giving advice... :wow:

Read Post 5 @MarcoPt

lol shredder, i thought that was funny too, but i didnt wanna be that guy lmao! thats actually the sole reason i even posted in this thread. That, and the obvious hadnt been stated..

I thought it was an amp issue at first too, so I replaced the old amp I was attempting to use to save some money. Didn't change anything. I don't think it's a phase issue because like I said, I can connect either and it sounds fine. Both seem to be moving like they are supposed to, however that wouldn't matter since the box is split in the center making it a two chamber box. However, that's a simple enough experiment to try out. It's not too small of a box, I have the exact same box in my house with 2 Kenwood SVC 4ohm 12's in it that I use for my surround sound subs. Shakes the house! Literally. Also, like I said earlier, I have the same amp in my truck running two SVC 4ohm 12's and it sounds incredible for a long time now. I'm lost

I thought it was an amp issue at first too, so I replaced the old amp I was attempting to use to save some money. Didn't change anything. I don't think it's a phase issue because like I said, I can connect either and it sounds fine. Both seem to be moving like they are supposed to, however that wouldn't matter since the box is split in the center making it a two chamber box. However, that's a simple enough experiment to try out. It's not too small of a box, I have the exact same box in my house with 2 Kenwood SVC 4ohm 12's in it that I use for my surround sound subs. Shakes the house! Literally. Also, like I said earlier, I have the same amp in my truck running two SVC 4ohm 12's and it sounds incredible for a long time now. I'm lost
That is EXACTLY why i think youve got one of your speaker pos / neg backwards.. each one will play fine alone, because phase does not matter in a solo setup. when pairing subs on a common amp, phase matters.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

That is EXACTLY why i think youve got one of your speaker pos / neg backwards.. each one will play fine alone, because phase does not matter in a solo setup. when pairing subs on a common amp, phase matters.

[quote name='shredder2']Lotsa disinformation in there Op ^^^^ ...reading that garbage makes me wonder why he's giving advice... :wow:

Read Post 5 @MarcoPt[/QUOTE]

well f#ck u a$$hole at least i try to help insteat of coming here to make fun of the others

(administrator or moderator please delete my account and all my posts thanks for all)

well f#ck u a$$hole at least i try to help insteat of coming here to make fun of the others
(administrator or moderator please delete my account and all my posts thanks for all)
no need for all that. i can tell you know a bit about wiring, but your not all there.. thats why we are here to here. For instance, you earlier post suggested an amp couldnt handle an 8ohm load.. thats nonsense, as that will just tickle an amp rated at 2 ohm even lol. stick around, and lurk. there is actually a lot to learn from this site.. youll soon figure out who full of rubish, and who is spot on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.