What is this stuck to my windshield?

tiderunner85

WA
I bought my car a couple years ago and didn't even notice this antenna or receiver stuck to the corner of my windshield.

Trying to find out what it is so I can make some sort of use of it. My car is a 2003 Audi Allroad with the stock stereo if it matters. There was also some wiring with a flat connector in the glove box, when I pulled on the wire that led through a hole the other end with a blue connector popped out, I'm guessing they're related... I always figured it was some bluetooth receiver but nothing comes up when searching for a signal.

Thanks!

I bought my car a couple years ago and didn't even notice this antenna or receiver stuck to the corner of my windshield.

Trying to find out what it is so I can make some sort of use of it. My car is a 2003 Audi Allroad with the stock stereo if it matters. There was also some wiring with a flat connector in the glove box, when I pulled on the wire that led through a hole the other end with a blue connector popped out, I'm guessing they're related... I always figured it was some bluetooth receiver but nothing comes up when searching for a signal.

Thanks!
It might be some sort of cellphone antenna range booster

I'm trying to figure out how someone who owns a vehicle for a few years, and looks out their windshield everyday while driving and never once notices that black thing in the corner.

Government mind control device
I knew it!

One is an iPod (old style) the other thing do you have aftermarket remote start?
No remote start. Was just given the stock key fob when I purchased it with no mention of remote start.

I'm trying to figure out how someone who owns a vehicle for a few years, and looks out their windshield everyday while driving and never once notices that black thing in the corner.
I guess I need to clarify, I should have said I didn't notice it when I purchased the car. Most people don't actually notice it, as it is pretty small. Never really cared much to figure out what it was since I bought it.

I knew it!

No remote start. Was just given the stock key fob when I purchased it with no mention of remote start.

I guess I need to clarify, I should have said I didn't notice it when I purchased the car. Most people don't actually notice it, as it is pretty small. Never really cared much to figure out what it was since I bought it.
it very likely is a remote start device. A dealer that wasnt given the r/s remote likely woudnt mention it as it would just cause a headache for them with the purchaser asking them for details about it. plus remote starts are so cheap nowadays vs even 6 or 7 years ago that theyre not a key selling point if the remote is lost. i had no luck finding that brand logo as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.