Amp Suggestions - $50 to Spend

Participant count
  • Participant list

JLJunkieMX107
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am doing the $150 SPL challenge. I've got $100 tied up in the 8 subs, need a $50 amp to power them lol. The stipulation is that it has to be brand new and available to the general public. So, where are you guys hiding those $50 brand new amps that put out 1,200 watts @ 2ohm? lmao. At this point, I may have to resort to the BOSS AR1500 and just see how it does. Anyone have better suggestions?

I am doing the $150 SPL challenge. I've got $100 tied up in the 8 subs, need a $50 amp to power them lol. The stipulation is that it has to be brand new and available to the general public. So, where are you guys hiding those $50 brand new amps that put out 1,200 watts @ 2ohm? lmao. At this point, I may have to resort to the BOSS AR1500 and just see how it does. Anyone have better suggestions?
Sounds like a fun budget build

dude on fu fb page did 141 with 2 fu 300's on boss amp (same challenge)

dude on fu fb page did 141 with 2 fu 300's on boss amp (same challenge)
I saw that one. And he said that he thinks he can get louder with a few adjustments. I think if I can get some decent power then I may be a contender on that lol at least I'd like to think so haha

Not seeing the Taramps TL 600 anywhere for less than $56 and change.

I started to do the $150 SPL Challenge the first year and realized I was going to get stuck with a bunch of junk gear that would be in my way. LOL!

***EDIT is there a new thread on this site for the Challenge or OP are you simply doing it by yourself?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.