brutal sounds bs2.1 dyno WTF over 90% efficient???????????????

Brutal doesnt care much about profit margin.

When their 5k came out, they were selling it so cheap that Zenon emailed them that other customers of that board were complaining about Brutal undercutting their prices. (B2 and AL both have a 5k with that board)

Brutal doesnt care much about profit margin.
When their 5k came out, they were selling it so cheap that Zenon emailed them that other customers of that board were complaining about Brutal undercutting their prices. (B2 and AL both have a 5k with that board)
but how they make it so efficient? every company should charge $50 more and use whatever part does that lol.. if u could run a 1500rms amp on stock electrical with no problems it'd be worth the $50.. i also don't think i've seen a amp do double rated before and diff not at 4ohm

Something was wrong with the clamp.
Stop butthurting the fanboys!

but how they make it so efficient? every company should charge $50 more and use whatever part does that lol.. if u could run a 1500rms amp on stock electrical with no problems it'd be worth the $50.. i also don't think i've seen a amp do double rated before and diff not at 4ohm
Ratings don't mean anything. The manufacturer knows what it puts out and underrates it for a wow factor.

Send it to us, we'll test it here and get you true efficiency readings along with graphing, etc..

IVe never seen nor would accept an amp would increase efficiency with lower resistance.

I'd be interested in debunking the results.

I'd be willing to bet it has to do with the power supply caps. They should be drained by the end of one of the certified/uncertified tests but it's hard to say.

A real answer would be taking total power used (as in area under the curve) of the input and output and calculating based on that

Something was wrong with the clamp.
Clamps just fine, it's really a matter of resolution in time and the tool not being "right" for the job, although it is a great ballpark. If you had hundredth of a second resolution and data logs it would give you a much better idea of actual efficiency

It really doesn't...... All it explains is that you want the certified number and not the uncertified number or dynamic. Adjusting the gain upwards could only change the certified number if you end with a higher voltage (quicker build is easier on the power supply / batteries), but it won't change the end result if the ending voltage is the same... Same with the uncertified number.... sometimes the uncertified test can end before the clip point... you can adjust upwards to reach the clip point faster... but when you clip.. you clip and the test stops.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.