BOOMINGRANDPA

brutal sounds bs2.1 dyno WTF over 90% efficient???????????????

91% at 1 ohm 2300rms wtf? i never seen anything like that.. also it almost does twice rated power at 4 ohm and 50% more at 2 ohm.. these things will sell like hotdogs at a ballgame..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Brutal doesnt care much about profit margin.

When their 5k came out, they were selling it so cheap that Zenon emailed them that other customers of that board were complaining about Brutal undercutting their prices. (B2 and AL both have a 5k with that board)

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

Brutal doesnt care much about profit margin.

When their 5k came out, they were selling it so cheap that Zenon emailed them that other customers of that board were complaining about Brutal undercutting their prices. (B2 and AL both have a 5k with that board)

but how they make it so efficient? every company should charge $50 more and use whatever part does that lol.. if u could run a 1500rms amp on stock electrical with no problems it'd be worth the $50.. i also don't think i've seen a amp do double rated before and diff not at 4ohm

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Something was wrong with the clamp.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

Stop butthurting the fanboys!:laugh:

but how they make it so efficient? every company should charge $50 more and use whatever part does that lol.. if u could run a 1500rms amp on stock electrical with no problems it'd be worth the $50.. i also don't think i've seen a amp do double rated before and diff not at 4ohm

Ratings don't mean anything. The manufacturer knows what it puts out and underrates it for a wow factor.

2009 Ford F150 Supercrew

JVC 830BT

ID CXS64 comps

Diamond Audio D5 600.2

IDQv4 10 x2 sealed

JBL GTR-1001

Knu, Tsunami, Stinger, RF wiring etc

That's what I thought.... I retested a ton and changed the batteries, was working fine.... I may try a couple more amps and see what happens... It was accurate on the Orion test.

Head Unit: Pioneer Avic-5201NEX

Amplifiers: Orion XTR1000.4, Alphard DB-2000.1D

Front Speakers: Infinity Perfect 600 Components

Rear Speakers: Image Dynamics ID6.5

Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 12TW3-D4

Ratings don't mean anything. The manufacturer knows what it puts out and underrates it for a wow factor.

The buildhouse rated the amp... Joey at Brutal Sounds had no idea the amp would outperform the ratings by that much...

Send it to us, we'll test it here and get you true efficiency readings along with graphing, etc..

IVe never seen nor would accept an amp would increase efficiency with lower resistance.

I'd be interested in debunking the results.

Occams razor- either this amo is magic, or there is some marketing bs going on

Sold to

Bought from

NinjaBass

FasFocus00

"If I was so worried about resistance I'd be unplugging the factory wiring harness, and checking resistance on every wire in my vehicle."

Doing this test made me wish I still had my old clamp... I got the same results time after timeàm

Doing this test made me wish I still had my old clamp... I got the same results time after timeàm

Who knows. It may be some crazy good board.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

I'd be willing to bet it has to do with the power supply caps. They should be drained by the end of one of the certified/uncertified tests but it's hard to say.

A real answer would be taking total power used (as in area under the curve) of the input and output and calculating based on that

Clamps just fine, it's really a matter of resolution in time and the tool not being "right" for the job, although it is a great ballpark. If you had hundredth of a second resolution and data logs it would give you a much better idea of actual efficiency

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

This video clearly explains how you can set an amp to get those HUGE power results.

Refs-Skip01, Jmanjr, goodie, DubbDesigns, joem1cha3l, Kawasaki STX-R, audiobahnuser18, djhn9, Jeeper09, cityboy21, sporty_drew, FLOSSINON24S, wong05tsx, thaster, Acizzle423, soloXgt, mobeious, Cloak559, ldyzlvudis06, pickup1

This video clearly explains how you can set an amp to get those HUGE power results.

It really doesn't...... All it explains is that you want the certified number and not the uncertified number or dynamic. Adjusting the gain upwards could only change the certified number if you end with a higher voltage (quicker build is easier on the power supply / batteries), but it won't change the end result if the ending voltage is the same... Same with the uncertified number.... sometimes the uncertified test can end before the clip point... you can adjust upwards to reach the clip point faster... but when you clip.. you clip and the test stops.

I should say I think the Uncertified 1 ohm test seemed pretty right on... I see 74.57% efficiency at clipping

Any chance it has a second or third set of rails that switch on when needed, resulting in the somewhat better efficiency? I like the cap idea, too. Any of these monster amps using ultracaps inside yet? Just throwing out ideas.

Edited by ciaonzo

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Brutal Sounds posted Dyno pics on their Facebook page. Their 5.1 clamped in at 4890 @ 1 ohm @ 13.89 volts. 240 amps drawn.

Doesn't seem possible but maybe these are just stupid efficient. 

Edited by 8 Inch Vince

On 9/22/2018 at 9:18 PM, 8 Inch Vince said:

Brutal Sounds posted Dyno pics on their Facebook page. Their 5.1 clamped in at 4890 @ 1 ohm @ 13.89 volts. 240 amps drawn.

Doesn't seem possible but maybe these are just stupid efficient. 

Thats like 150% efficiency, kinda violates the laws of physics

Sold to

Bought from

NinjaBass

FasFocus00

"If I was so worried about resistance I'd be unplugging the factory wiring harness, and checking resistance on every wire in my vehicle."

3 hours ago, kcr357 said:

Thats like 150% efficiency, kinda violates the laws of physics

I am willing to be the clamp was only on one input..... real number would be double that

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now