Updated Final First Build Purchase List + Making Sure I've got the Right Battery

Rhythm
10+ year member

I've literally been a member on this forum for 6 years and have yet to pull the trigger on a soundsystem. It has been, and still kind of it, completely overwhelming to me.

Anyway - here's my latest list of stuff I'm thinking of getting. I also think I've picked a correctly sized replacement battery, but wanted to run it by some other eyeballs.

Here's what I've got -

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X7800BHS

Front Components: Morel Maximo 6

Front Amp: Zapco ST-4XSQ Studio X Series

Sub: Single Alpine X-W12D4

Sub Amp: Alpine MRV-M1200 Monoblock 1200 Watts RMS Class D Amplifier

Now for the battery - from what I read you're supposed to match the battery "Cranking Amps" to your total system RMS.

Sub (900 RMS) + Morels (90 RMS) = 990 RMS.

Battery: XS Power D3400 (Cranking Amps = 1000).

Everything seem alright? Battery works for that system? Missing anything?

if u mean starting batt i doubt that matters can't really run system without car on anyway., if u mean 2nd batt sure 1000 is good idk it matters that much.. it looks good.. only thing i'll say is i think u can get a better or = sub for less $.. are u doing sealed or ported buying or building box? don't forget 0ga ofc wire (welding cable is a good choice)

The new battery would be replacing the stock battery.

What other subs are better or equal for less money??

And the shop I'm working with is building a custom box for the sub I end up choosing.

if u mean starting batt i doubt that matters can't really run system without car on anyway., if u mean 2nd batt sure 1000 is good idk it matters that much.. it looks good.. only thing i'll say is i think u can get a better or = sub for less $.. are u doing sealed or ported buying or building box? don't forget 0ga ofc wire (welding cable is a good choice)
This is twice now you reccomend a cheaper lesser quality sub when someone wants a type x... have you ever heard a type x? Are you just assuming its **** because its mainstream? What's wrong with you...

OP, dont listen to him. Sounds like you have a solid first setup.

This is twice now you reccomend a cheaper lesser quality sub when someone wants a type x... have you ever heard a type x? Are you just assuming its **** because its mainstream? What's wrong with you...
He could run a type r on that power but I agree. Sounds like a solid setup.

because it's just silly to pay over $400 for a sub when a $150-$300 is normally better than the L7, jlw6/7 or x.. not that it's sh*t.. just peeps will buy what they want just letting them know just because it's the alpine or kicker or whoever top of the line don't it is top of the line (or that's it's worth the $ on 1200 rms)..

Thanks for all the feedback.

The back and forth about the sub is an example of why I've spent over 6 years before even purchasing anything. I arrived at the type X after taking with the shop owner.

If there are truly better alternatives then I'd be happy to explore my options.

Lastly - that battery is appropriate for the proposed system, yes? Again, it would be replacing the stock battery. I would NOT be using it as a secondary battery elsewhere in the car.

I don't have enough knowledge with electricals to comment on your battery choice, but that type x should do/sound well on that amp. I had contemplated running a type x prior to settling on the si 12 that I have now, the main reason I chose differently was the amp that I ended up with, and only running one sub. I think xs power's web site list their batteries ability to support wrms watts to coincide with the battery sizes, that is how I chose which battery to use as a support battery.

Thanks for all the feedback.
The back and forth about the sub is an example of why I've spent over 6 years before even purchasing anything. I arrived at the type X after taking with the shop owner.

If there are truly better alternatives then I'd be happy to explore my options.

Lastly - that battery is appropriate for the proposed system, yes? Again, it would be replacing the stock battery. I would NOT be using it as a secondary battery elsewhere in the car.
i have a 850 cca AGM battery works well so i'm sure yours will be good.. as far as sub goes and as for yukon saying i recommend lesser quality subs look at this for $259 see if u think it looks "lesser" to u FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio i'm not saying u should get that i'm just saying for $400 u can get alot of sub., even new sundown U it's a very nice looking 12 $379.. i'm assuming u are getting a ported box if not let me know cause those are for ported.. u can get everything else and look around for a sub to go with the set up but i'd buy the stuff online save $ just by doing that anyway.. get shop to install hu speakers (if u can't) and wire amps u can stick a sub/ box in the car by yourself after u pick one..

Have you heard a properly done type x? Its buttery smooth and still kicks pretty good. That fu is just a standard Chinese build house sub...

Dont get me wrong. You can go off brand and get something that hits harder... you can get something that sounds better... but not in a $150 sub lol

Sure I had some audiopipe 15s and was beating kickers in competition... but it didnt sound better. Just louder.

Have you heard a properly done type x? Its buttery smooth and still kicks pretty good. That fu is just a standard Chinese build house sub...
Dont get me wrong. You can go off brand and get something that hits harder... you can get something that sounds better... but not in a $150 sub lol

Sure I had some audiopipe 15s and was beating kickers in competition... but it didnt sound better. Just louder.
no i almost bought 2 alpine s instead because saw video of 2 in girls car just destroying everything but i had the single box and didn't wanta put out more 4 for dual one.. I tried to get video today of soda bottle jumping all over my roof to rebassed hotel california track but my mics messed up on camera and video goes small when sending from my phone idk y other vids work (need a grand kid to fix it lol)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.