Budget amp questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
After my last post about the problems with my new build I've come to the conclusion I need a new amp...after some internet research the best candidate I've found so far is ppi trax 1.3000 for a little under $100 however if the specs are correct this will do about 1500 rms @2ohms...will this still give me a little wiggle room to run an extra amp for my front stage or will I need to upgrade my electrical? With the electrical upgrade it would probably be cheaper to go with an amp with a little less power for a little more cash

I highly doubt that amp will put out 1500 @ 2 ohms. It is also a Class A/B meaning it will not be as efficient as a Class D and draw even more on you're electrical. What exactly are you running sub and box wise?

I highly doubt that amp will put out 1500 @ 2 ohms. It is also a Class A/B meaning it will not be as efficient as a Class D and draw even more on you're electrical. What exactly are you running sub and box wise?
Not really sure about box...probably prefab came with my old subs which were used will be running 2 fu 300 12's when I decide on new amp...would like to upgrade to 3

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Not really sure about box...probably prefab came with my old subs which were used will be running 2 fu 300 12's when I decide on new amp...would like to upgrade to 3

not really sure about box...probably prefab came with my old subs which were used will be running 2 fu 300 12's when i decide on new amp...would like to upgrade to 3 

---------- post added at 12:33 am ---------- previous post was at 12:33 am ----------

not really sure about box...probably prefab came with my old subs which were used will be running 2 fu 300 12's when i decide on new amp...would like to upgrade to 3
do not buy trax that amp may not do 800 at 2 ohm Buy the p1000 it does 930 @ 2ohms (1 on ebay $149 if it's still there) or soundqubed 1250.. at least tell us a budget

Last edited by a moderator:
do not buy trax that amp may not do 800 at 2 ohm Buy the p1000 it does 930 @ 2ohms (1 on ebay $149 if it's still there) or soundqubed 1250.. at least tell us a budget
I went ahead and bought the p1000...i actually wanted just a fuzz more power butt there's so much crap out there that it takes to much effort to research them all just to see which ones actually measure up to their ratings

I went ahead and bought the p1000...i actually wanted just a fuzz more power butt there's so much crap out there that it takes to much effort to research them all just to see which ones actually measure up to their ratings
good deal man u will love it.. runs pretty cool pushes subs great takes up no room.. peeps can't believe that's the only amp i have.. here's my amp at 2 ohm pushing 1 pioneer 12

later if u want more power just ask us before buying a amp because: after rise at 2 ohm u only really getting power amp does at 4 ohm.. that one tested at 600rms so u need something that does at lest 750rms @4ohm to be any louder than the p1k..

Thanks that's pretty useful info I really hadn't even given a second thought to I was just looking at wattage per sub...I've had a few stereo systems in the past butt it was always get a couple subs an throw all the power I could at them. Now that I'm over the young a stupid stage I would like to build a better system...my main goal with my build was to build up a front stage however virtually every piece of equipment I had fell apart so I'm almost starting from scratch...lol it's ******* up all my budget a lot faster too

Thanks that's pretty useful info I really hadn't even given a second thought to I was just looking at wattage per sub...I've had a few stereo systems in the past butt it was always get a couple subs an throw all the power I could at them. Now that I'm over the young a stupid stage I would like to build a better system...my main goal with my build was to build up a front stage however virtually every piece of equipment I had fell apart so I'm almost starting from scratch...lol it's ******* up all my budget a lot faster too
the p1000 is a copy of a higher $ hertz amp (i think) several companies had them it was such a good design..

I'd advise everyone to stay away from the Traxx amps. Remember, there is such a thing as too cheap. And if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't. With the sketchy stuff Epsilon (parent company of Soundstream and PPI) has been pulling lately they don't deserve anymore business.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.