weird cut off

Participant count
  • Participants list
hi there, im getting some cut´s on my amps some times bass amp sometimes speakers amp, it cuts like 2 secs than comes back, i thought maybe termal cut off but today mornign itha cuts jus has i was parking so i got to the back and e check the amp, it was stone cold so thermal is out of window, what can cause this?

my set up:

HU - pioneer 4v preout

Speakers - 2 phoenix gold sx5cs kits (front and back doors) 125 rms per door

Speakers amp - mosconi AS 100.4 (4x100rms)

Sub - 2 12" pioneer 400rms each (TS-W308D2) series paralel 2ohms load

sub amp - crossfire vr1000D running 2ohms

all the wire is a nice 4aug

big 4 upgrade

batery ground - chassis

alternator ground - chassis

alternator ground - engine

alternator positive - batery

stock 115amps alternator

new 100 amps batery

voltage:

voltemeter taking voltage reading at the fuse spiter with on/off boton at the front near the sub control remote.

relative low volumes it stay around 14v

normal "loud" music it stay´s on the uper´s thirteen (very but very rarely it drops to 12.8v but just on a couple of track if i push it realy loud)

my wirering goes like this

power wire - 100 amps fuse very close to batery 1 run to the back than i have a fuse spliter 60amps fuse each and 1 run to each amp.

ground - its ground to a nice plate (cargo support) no paint very nice ground goes like 50cm to a ground spliter than to the amps

after this what in the hell its causing this?

here some pics from the install

IMG_20180331_151443.jpg

IMG_20180331_173605.jpg

IMG_20180331_173628.jpg

IMG_20180331_173614.jpg

voltemeter pic low volume car at idle

IMG_20180127_200447.jpg

Remote turn on voltage when it cuts out?
dont know and never cross my mind check that... now that u say that im thinking, its possible that the 2 amps are drawing too much power from the HU? the remote goes to one and than i jump onother wire to the other... its possible to be this the problem? i will test conect the voltemeter to the remote and see if it drops, in case of drop what the normal drop voltage to the remote?

dont know and never cross my mind check that... now that u say that im thinking, its possible that the 2 amps are drawing too much power from the HU? the remote goes to one and than i jump onother wire to the other... its possible to be this the problem? i will test conect the voltemeter to the remote and see if it drops, in case of drop what the normal drop voltage to the remote?
yeah that maybe it.. could be remote as he said check where u have it connected. could be rca, could be ground not tight or has paint under it.. could be lots of stuff lol..

yeah that maybe it.. could be remote as he said check where u have it connected. could be rca, could be ground not tight or has paint under it.. could be lots of stuff lol..
Rca are new and they have a very tight feat...

remote conections are tigth on the amps cuze of new instal, and its tigth on the HU cuz i change the HU about 1 month ago

ground is new and improve from the previous, bether place total paint free new bolt and very tight, cuz new instal at the same time as the HU cuz i change the speakers amp and redid all the trunk instal...

i have to check the remote.... probably is to small gauge of wire to handle the 2 amps...from the HU to the trunk is a smaller size wire than the one that u see on the pics conecting the amps i made a T spliter to have 2 equal wires on the amps and not on from the HU blue and smal and the jumper the other amp bigger and black....

Gain too high. It would not be the remote wire....typically that small is popular and getting a bigger one won't solve your issue.

Btw, nice clean install. Did you install everything?

Rca are new and they have a very tight feat...remote conections are tigth on the amps cuze of new instal, and its tigth on the HU cuz i change the HU about 1 month ago

ground is new and improve from the previous, bether place total paint free new bolt and very tight, cuz new instal at the same time as the HU cuz i change the speakers amp and redid all the trunk instal...

i have to check the remote.... probably is to small gauge of wire to handle the 2 amps...from the HU to the trunk is a smaller size wire than the one that u see on the pics conecting the amps i made a T spliter to have 2 equal wires on the amps and not on from the HU blue and smal and the jumper the other amp bigger and black....
yeah Remote wire size not a problem but where u split them could be the problem, just that wires not touching right.. we always just ran remote wire from 1 amp to the next.. he's right man your set up looking awesome

i want to change that remote since i start working and start upgrading everithing cuz that remote is from a crapy chinese kit that i had from a one low power amp instal before all of this nice gear and is realy smal size its 24 ou 25 awg is like the hands free earpods cable from your phone (unless u have a iphone x...wireless earpods lol) its realy a bad cable i have to change it anyway, i think its the only thing from the past on this instal...

but i will check the gains... i admit the pioneer are a litle bit overpowered lol it cross my mind, upgrading subs 2 1000 rms 12" ampire bold or maybe like 1 deafbounce 1700rms 15", just a bit afraid if the sound quality on the 15" i think the DB sub is more to spl and maybe will not sound good on day to day music....

thanks, yes all by myself no garage, did all outside and no fancy tols... but im not totaly sold on those ties... at leastthe ones that are showing....

i want to change that remote since i start working and start upgrading everithing cuz that remote is from a crapy chinese kit that i had from a one low power amp instal before all of this nice gear and is realy smal size its 24 ou 25 awg is like the hands free earpods cable from your phone (unless u have a iphone x...wireless earpods lol) its realy a bad cable i have to change it anyway, i think its the only thing from the past on this instal...
but i will check the gains... i admit the pioneer are a litle bit overpowered lol it cross my mind, upgrading subs 2 1000 rms 12" ampire bold or maybe like 1 deafbounce 1700rms 15", just a bit afraid if the sound quality on the 15" i think the DB sub is more to spl and maybe will not sound good on day to day music....

thanks, yes all by myself no garage, did all outside and no fancy tols... but im not totaly sold on those ties... at leastthe ones that are showing....
my remote wire is tiny too and 14 yrs old.. just do run bigger than 16ga no need in it.. idk man on the subs as u get bigger subs u need more power keep that in mind.. i had the pioneer on 900rms got fu750 weighs twice as much on same power didn't do as well., i got d2 750 not added 300rms much louder now.. if u staying at 1000 rms for subs u need to stay with efficient ones or get 1 600-750 rms 15 so u have "headroom" on amp.. if u have any other options especially cheaper ones tell me what they are (even pioneer 3003's like i had would be great 96db rating)

one question, if the cuts were cause by the gain set to high, the cuts should happen kind of all ways at the "same volume" , same part of the music, basically, at the same conditions every time, rigth?

my cuts are sporadic, some time it happen at vol 27 some times vol 23, some times i after 2 min after turn on sometimes only after 10 or 20 min, some time high bass (80hz to 100hz) some times only on low bass (30hz to 60hz)...

for exmple it cut now at vol 25 on a +/-40hz bass, if i get back on the song to part that cut just now seme times i can play the same part at 27 no cut, some times cuts even if i lower the vol to 22 or aomething like that...

obs: i tune the every thing to play till like vol 30 (i think max is 40 or something like that) normaly i have it play max around 25 to 27 so i have kind of a headroom to the tune max

yeah Remote wire size not a problem but where u split them could be the problem, just that wires not touching right.. we always just ran remote wire from 1 amp to the next.. he's right man your set up looking awesome
dint see your comment sorry, humm i will change it and jump from the one to the other in stead of T splip the remote

thanks i like clean set ups, for me looking simple is the way to go, no fancy color and things like that... but i will do something to that cable ties, the bug me a bit lol

one question, if the cuts were cause by the gain set to high, the cuts should happen kind of all ways at the "same volume" , same part of the music, basically, at the same conditions every time, rigth? my cuts are sporadic, some time it happen at vol 27 some times vol 23, some times i after 2 min after turn on sometimes only after 10 or 20 min, some time high bass (80hz to 100hz) some times only on low bass (30hz to 60hz)...

for exmple it cut now at vol 25 on a +/-40hz bass, if i get back on the song to part that cut just now seme times i can play the same part at 27 no cut, some times cuts even if i lower the vol to 22 or aomething like that...

obs: i tune the every thing to play till like vol 30 (i think max is 40 or something like that) normaly i have it play max around 25 to 27 so i have kind of a headroom to the tune max
idk that the remote wire probably ok if it's tight.. problem could be hu or rca related even new rcas can be bad..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.