Orion HCAA 12 VS AMERICAN BASS HD12

the one with less moving mass and stronger motor and overall balanced sub that actually likes a big enclosure tuned to 27hz. Too many factors that determine actual loudness other than your basic brand nuthugging reasons so its literally a tossup on whose nutz he wants to hug.

Probably the hd

My older hcca 15 needed much more power to get moving good than other subs

Heavy surround heavy 4” coil it’s a heavy sub

I haven’t used a hd but it should do well on 2k

I'd go with the American bass but really I'd save up and buy a ddaudio ov the same class. The build quality will be better.

That said my hd12 in my versa on 1800w in a 2 cube at 32hz box did pop 150.6db at 47hz with no testing. But that was a hatchback

Overall music average was just over 140 and it sounded fine.

Orion hcca are large gap heavy cone subs that I'm no big fan of

My hcca was only of my favorite subs

Lows like crazy and still got decently loud on 3k

But again needs power where a 3” coil sub could do better on less

Orion HCAA 12

g.png

FU1250 is a lower level sub compared to the HD and HCCA, they would shit on the FU. The HCCA is more comparable to the AB VFL which is similar to the HDC4.
With only 2k the AB would be the better choice imo.
they also have 1500 and 2250 but they seem to like much more power than rated and it's cheaper is y i suggested it.. yeah long time ago we did a wall ported box in a sebring 4- hcca 15's built box the way orion told them to had hcca amps huge wire ho alt batts (not a lot of peeps had that stuff 16 yrs ago, not here anyway) it did 151 i thought that was a lot of work and like $8k for that.. as he said super heavy sub takes tons of power to move..

I have a few team Orion friends. They are good subs but insanely inefficient. Thomas jester and Christopher crouse rangers are nasty as well as Tim and jo Johnsons impala and Tahoe’s. All Orion gear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.