New Sub

dkennedy1989

It's currently in a sealed box, doesn't have enough bass. I want more bass, but don't want to lose more trunk space in my fusion, and I don't want to spend too much money.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Currently I have a single Rockford Fosgate P2 12" DVC 4 ohm sub. I was looking at upgrading to a higher rms sub, and was looking at these listed below. Currently I have a Rockford Fosgate P500 amp which is 2 ohm stable at 500 rms.
Power Acoustic Bamf

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_93713_Power-Acoustik-BAMF-122.html

NVX VCW

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_46593_NVX-VCW122.html

don't get anything unless u getting amp with double the power.. bigblank here did say the bamf is loud, vcw is ok but: before worrying about sub lets discuss what amp u will get and what box u have or will buy.. those 2 things determine which sub u get., i had pioneer sub (pretty loud for $70) got fu750 d4 same power it was no louder cause i had heavier sub with same power.. i got d2 so now i have more power MUCH better..

don't get anything unless u getting amp with double the power.. bigblank here did say the bamf is loud, vcw is ok but: before worrying about sub lets discuss what amp u will get and what box u have or will buy.. those 2 things determine which sub u get., i had pioneer sub (pretty loud for $70) got fu750 d4 same power it was no louder cause i had heavier sub with same power.. i got d2 so now i have more power MUCH better..
I thought about upgrading amp to a 1 ohm stable amp, but I can't wire the single DVC 4 ohm sub to 1 ohm unless get a second sub.
The box is sealed, and I believe it is 1 cubic foot, but don't know exactly.

Wants more bass, doesn't wanna give up more space....???

Get a ported 8". Will blow that current sub out the water because ported is always louder than sealed.

Are you 100% opposed to getting a bigger box? If you must stay around 1 cube, get a single 10 ported (a Sundown Ev3 10 will do good in that space on that power)

Bigger box is ok, but I've heard ported isn't the best for Rock and Metal that I listen to the most.

And for the P2 it calls for a 1.8 cubic foot box on their site, but I haven't found a pre-made box with that space, mainly see 1.6.

Build a custom box or have a shop build one for you. No need for another sub or amp. $50 in materials and a good design will get you what you want. Sealed boxes are huge bottlenecks, especially when there isn't a lot of cone area to begin with. A single 10 ported or pair of 8s ported would be perfect if you did want to ditch the P2.

That's a myth. Ported can be for SQ/metal/rock as well.

I'm guessing your RF sub is in a pre fab? Those pre fabs are garbage and wont get the sound you desire. Better build one or have one built.

Building a box for your vehicle will be super easy. You can honestly get a basic design and have a store cut it for you and you just glue and screw it together. If you don't want to do that, find someone that'll do it for you.

@shredder2 can design you something and still maintain trunk room.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

[/COLOR @shredder2 can design you something and still maintain trunk room.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']@shredder2 can design you something and still maintain trunk room.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

[/COLOR @shredder2 can design you something and still maintain trunk room.[/QUOTE]

Sure... that shouldn't need a ton of port. (500 watt amp, 2 ohm load).. I'll bet even with a slot probably wouldn't be very big. What's that amp do into 2 ohms?.. 300 rms?

I thought about upgrading amp to a 1 ohm stable amp, but I can't wire the single DVC 4 ohm sub to 1 ohm unless get a second sub.
The box is sealed, and I believe it is 1 cubic foot, but don't know exactly.

i meant find amp to buy so then we can find sub to match it.. ported is louder idk about rock mine is tuned pretty high 35.5hz so sounds ok i haven't heard sealed in a long time.. 12 sealed still need 1.25cf min in most cases, if u stay sealed u can get jbl 500 or pioneer 8601 amp they test over rated power maybe able to find used one in good shape on fb offer up or cl get better sub later maybe a dayton works good in sealed box or alpine s is also a sealed sub or fu300 (easily handles twice that power $59 but idk how they do sealed)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.