Pairing new and older sub together and volume difference with two subs?

Participant count
  • Participants list
Hey guys, for starters I forgot I had an account here from about 4 years ago. I just tried to sign up again and found out haha.

A few years back I got a sundown SA 10 - it's been running great since then. I want to know if it would be a problem for me to buy another SA 10 and put them together in the same ported box?

And then what kind of volume difference am I looking at with two subs instead of one? Feeding the one I have now about 1kRMS and if I had two they would be getting about 800 a piece. With port.

Hey guys, for starters I forgot I had an account here from about 4 years ago. I just tried to sign up again and found out haha.
A few years back I got a sundown SA 10 - it's been running great since then. I want to know if it would be a problem for me to buy another SA 10 and put them together in the same ported box?

And then what kind of volume difference am I looking at with two subs instead of one? Feeding the one I have now about 1kRMS and if I had two they would be getting about 800 a piece. With port.
i'd get 2 new ones and sell old one to friend.. but either way the sundown yard sale just opened so maybe about to get 1 cheap.. i assume u have d4 sub wired to 2 ohm and if u get 2nd one u will be at 1 ohm? (just make sure amp will handle ohm load is what i'm saying)

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Sundown Yard Sale : 5/15/18 (ReList) - Car Audio Classifieds!

A month ago.

The SA series has had 3 revisions so you would want to make sure you got the same subwoofer. As for box size Sundown recommends 1.25 cubes each.
He's brainwashed with that FU Audio in his head, he can't keep up with the rest of what's going on.

[quote name='tannerdavis3']Hey guys, for starters I forgot I had an account here from about 4 years ago. I just tried to sign up again and found out haha.

And then what kind of volume difference am I looking at with two subs instead of one? Feeding the one I have now about 1kRMS and if I had two they would be getting about 800 a piece. With port.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to BG. As long as it's the same sub, same rev and same dvc as your other one, should be fine. However, to clear things up, you say you got a 1k amp then said you'd be feeding them 800 watts. Are you including box rise? Also take note too that putting the 2nd sub in the same box is a bad idea. If you go that route, I strongly suggest another enclosure. @shredder2 can help ya with a good design to your liking.

A month ago.

The SA series has had 3 revisions so you would want to make sure you got the same subwoofer. As for box size Sundown recommends 1.25 cubes each.
crap it does say 5/15 lol.. just thought it was new cause dude posted about it 2 days ago..

He's brainwashed with that FU Audio in his head, he can't keep up with the rest of what's going on.
yeah i gave up on idea of paying $95 for sub that may have a tick in it last yr.. to be clear op the E 10's are $63

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Don't listen to BG. As long as it's the same sub, same rev and same dvc as your other one, should be fine. However, to clear things up, you say you got a 1k amp then said you'd be feeding them 800 watts. Are you including box rise? Also take note too that putting the 2nd sub in the same box is a bad idea. If you go that route, I strongly suggest another enclosure. @shredder2 can help ya with a good design to your liking.[/QUOTE]

I would need a new box and a new amp. Currently running a hifonics Brutus 1500.1 which has been good to me so far @2ohms on it. I would get a Brutus 2400.1 to probably 2 ohms so that with enough voltage (new alt too most likely) it should do 800ish a piece at 2

I would need a new box and a new amp. Currently running a hifonics Brutus 1500.1 which has been good to me so far @2ohms on it. I would get a Brutus 2400.1 to probably 2 ohms so that with enough voltage (new alt too most likely) it should do 800ish a piece at 2
That's the rev 3, newer version for that series with more power handling than the original. Like I said above, make sure you get the exact one you have. Might suggest a better amp for those too, as some people here are a bit sensitive on budget brands. Hifonics isn't the best but also leaning towards the worst dept.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.