tannerdavis3

Pairing new and older sub together and volume difference with two subs?

Hey guys, for starters I forgot I had an account here from about 4 years ago. I just tried to sign up again and found out haha.

A few years back I got a sundown SA 10 - it's been running great since then. I want to know if it would be a problem for me to buy another SA 10 and put them together in the same ported box?

And then what kind of volume difference am I looking at with two subs instead of one? Feeding the one I have now about 1kRMS and if I had two they would be getting about 800 a piece. With port.

Hey guys, for starters I forgot I had an account here from about 4 years ago. I just tried to sign up again and found out haha.

A few years back I got a sundown SA 10 - it's been running great since then. I want to know if it would be a problem for me to buy another SA 10 and put them together in the same ported box?

And then what kind of volume difference am I looking at with two subs instead of one? Feeding the one I have now about 1kRMS and if I had two they would be getting about 800 a piece. With port.

i'd get 2 new ones and sell old one to friend.. but either way the sundown yard sale just opened so maybe about to get 1 cheap.. i assume u have d4 sub wired to 2 ohm and if u get 2nd one u will be at 1 ohm? (just make sure amp will handle ohm load is what i'm saying)

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Sundown Yard Sale : 5/15/18 (ReList) - Car Audio Classifieds!

but either way the sundown yard sale just opened

A month ago.

The SA series has had 3 revisions so you would want to make sure you got the same subwoofer. As for box size Sundown recommends 1.25 cubes each.

A month ago.

The SA series has had 3 revisions so you would want to make sure you got the same subwoofer. As for box size Sundown recommends 1.25 cubes each.

He's brainwashed with that FU Audio in his head, he can't keep up with the rest of what's going on.

[quote name='tannerdavis3']Hey guys, for starters I forgot I had an account here from about 4 years ago. I just tried to sign up again and found out haha.

And then what kind of volume difference am I looking at with two subs instead of one? Feeding the one I have now about 1kRMS and if I had two they would be getting about 800 a piece. With port.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to BG. As long as it's the same sub, same rev and same dvc as your other one, should be fine. However, to clear things up, you say you got a 1k amp then said you'd be feeding them 800 watts. Are you including box rise? Also take note too that putting the 2nd sub in the same box is a bad idea. If you go that route, I strongly suggest another enclosure. @shredder2 can help ya with a good design to your liking.

A month ago.

crap it does say 5/15 lol.. just thought it was new cause dude posted about it 2 days ago..

He's brainwashed with that FU Audio in his head, he can't keep up with the rest of what's going on.

yeah i gave up on idea of paying $95 for sub that may have a tick in it last yr.. to be clear op the E 10's are $63

He said SA, not E series.

yeah i told him they were $63 but i meant sa for me i didn't know if it worth the risk.. the E12 $70 even i thought about trying 1 in my small box on 1k..

yeah i told him they were $63 but i meant sa for me i didn't know if it worth the risk.. the E12 $70 even i thought about trying 1 in my small box on 1k..

Oh this thread about you again?

Oh my grow up Brian.

Again, OP, don't mind BG. As you can see, he's no help. But whatever you decide, let us know.

I was worried about this in particular. I seem to remember that the SA10 I got was 600rms - on the website it says 750 now.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Don't listen to BG. As long as it's the same sub, same rev and same dvc as your other one, should be fine. However, to clear things up, you say you got a 1k amp then said you'd be feeding them 800 watts. Are you including box rise? Also take note too that putting the 2nd sub in the same box is a bad idea. If you go that route, I strongly suggest another enclosure. @shredder2 can help ya with a good design to your liking.[/QUOTE]

I would need a new box and a new amp. Currently running a hifonics Brutus 1500.1 which has been good to me so far @2ohms on it. I would get a Brutus 2400.1 to probably 2 ohms so that with enough voltage (new alt too most likely) it should do 800ish a piece at 2

I would need a new box and a new amp. Currently running a hifonics Brutus 1500.1 which has been good to me so far @2ohms on it. I would get a Brutus 2400.1 to probably 2 ohms so that with enough voltage (new alt too most likely) it should do 800ish a piece at 2

That's the rev 3, newer version for that series with more power handling than the original. Like I said above, make sure you get the exact one you have. Might suggest a better amp for those too, as some people here are a bit sensitive on budget brands. Hifonics isn't the best but also leaning towards the worst dept.

I agree with everyone that you'll want to run the same rev's so I'd sell the current one but ONLY if you are going to be using a box suited for 2. If you have the space for 2 but want to save money you can upgrade to 1 12 too.

My reply didn't go through originally so sorry about that. Hifonics is putting out garbage right now so I'd look into the SQ line for a budget.

nah i agree with him get soundqubed 1250 $179 at least u know they do power it claims.. if u want more power wolfram 1500 if they get any in stock or maybe u can find a good amp used (peeps sell them here sometimes wolfram sold here last week).. and see the reason i said sell and buy 2 was so they'd be same model but ta homo talked crap then said same thing..

Personally I'd not cheap out on the amp if Sa-10's were being used... if your gonna do 2, and they're d4's... wire em to 1 ohm and put somewhere around 1500 clean watts on em'. Had some 1250 watt Skars and they did well but with less cone and less power the single 15" Sa I'm using seems louder overall with the same basic tune (around cabin freq) the last setup I had got to 149.2 with 2 12" Skars, and I was probably putting around 2X the power to them. I'm really impressed with the power handling of this thing, for a 750 watt sub to take an amp that's rated for over 2K and not burn up the coils within a couple of minutes is an eye opener for me.... I just let em' cool after 3-5 minutes of abuse and they repeat the process without complaint. Just set your levels correctly, box em right and enjoy. Whatever amp you go with... I wouldn't underpower them as looking for more volume MIGHT tempt you to clip em and that WILL kill the things eventually.

2009 - First SA-12s released : 4-spoke frame with 4 vent holes

1st revision - Triple joint rings added : 4-spoke frame with 12 vent holes

2nd revision - Magnet boot added

3rd revision - Pole cap size and shape change : custom tooled ventilation ring added and frame vents removed

Thanks for the help everyone! So just going from an old SA10 to a new one would net about 150rms more, good to know.

So I'm definitely going for new sub or subs at this point, I think a good starting point is finding a good 2krms amp then. Ill look into the brand that was mentioned!

Soundqubed are accurate/reliable?

The Q12200 amp on the website only shows 2300 @1ohm and 770 @4, what about 2? I'm kinda paranoid about toasting an amp running it at 1ohm.