New build going poorly...need advice

So after being out of the game awhile I decided to dust off my old equipment...my 3 subs gave it up as soon as I tried to power them up...anyway I ordered 2 fu300's that just came in today...so I have a Kenwood kdc 155u hu, old school california 600 amp and the 2 12's...when I hooked it all up today it sounded ok for about 15 mins...after that the amp overheated and began cutting in and out...now I can't figure out why power's up ok sounds great till it gets hot...any ideas?

So after being out of the game awhile I decided to dust off my old equipment...my 3 subs gave it up as soon as I tried to power them up...anyway I ordered 2 fu300's that just came in today...so I have a Kenwood kdc 155u hu, old school california 600 amp and the 2 12's...when I hooked it all up today it sounded ok for about 15 mins...after that the amp overheated and began cutting in and out...now I can't figure out why power's up ok sounds great till it gets hot...any ideas?
are the subs d2 or d4

are u sure u wired each to 8 ohm and bridged amp at 4 ohm? if u wired to 2 ohm each and bridged thats a problem.. i suggest u get a 800-1k mono amp with ss filter.. are you using ported box?, if so u need ss filter..

are u sure u wired each to 8 ohm and bridged amp at 4 ohm? if u wired to 2 ohm each and bridged thats a problem.. i suggest u get a 800-1k mono amp with ss filter.. are you using ported box?, if so u need ss filter..
Yeah checked it with multi meter...yes it's a ported box...however this is a mini amp it wasn't bridged

Lol mono amp...stupid spell check
lol sorry i thought it was 2 channel saw 100's of those blue amps yrs ago.. if u wired each sub at 2 ohm u are at 1 ohm load i feel sure that amp won't like that.. probably shoulda got the d2's.. so we are back to what i said get a mono amp that's 1 ohm stable., something like soundqubed s1 850 would be good on those and u would have ss filter..

lol sorry i thought it was 2 channel saw 100's of those blue amps yrs ago.. if u wired each sub at 2 ohm u are at 1 ohm load i feel sure that amp won't like that.. probably shoulda got the d2's.. so we are back to what i said get a mono amp that's 1 ohm stable., something like soundqubed s1 850 would be good on those and u would have ss filter..
Actually if I like them I was thinking of running 3 of them...however I would really like to get the 2 going first to see how I like fu's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.