Sundown x8 burned coil

XxAndreaxX

spain
Hello, finally thanks to ****** brazilian amp, I managed to burn my Sundown X8 coil.

it still Works wonders at low frequencies, but higher ones, are a mess, it rattles like crazy.

how can I re-coil it?? I live in spain, and I don't want to throw it away, although I could still use it at low freq, but if there's any cheap way to fix it, you're welcome!

thanks!

Hello, finally thanks to ****** brazilian amp, I managed to burn my Sundown X8 coil.it still Works wonders at low frequencies, but higher ones, are a mess, it rattles like crazy.

how can I re-coil it?? I live in spain, and I don't want to throw it away, although I could still use it at low freq, but if there's any cheap way to fix it, you're welcome!

thanks!
This

thanks, so what do I really need for recoil??? obviously new coil, and new spider.

cone, surround and dustcap, can I keep it??? or do I also need new ones??

thanks, so what do I really need for recoil??? obviously new coil, and new spider.cone, surround and dustcap, can I keep it??? or do I also need new ones??
Sundown sells full drop-in kits. You would take out essentially everything, cone, surround, spider, voicecoil. You just drop that kit in and glue it up.

So because the amp was Brazilian it killed your subwoofer huh?

Or maybe it’s cause you clipped it to death. From your other post we all know you can’t set gains.

So because the amp was Brazilian it killed your subwoofer huh?
Or maybe it’s cause you clipped it to death. From your other post we all know you can’t set gains.
too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material. the sub still Works perfect under 50hz. but as you quit the filter, its over.

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material. the sub still Works perfect under 50hz. but as you quit the filter, its over.
Ahhh so a subwoofer shouldn’t play 40-50hz. Good to know. I did 157s at 44-46hz. Never burnt a subwoofer. Hmmm

hey guys, I need Advice:

what should I do?? spend the money to repair my X8?? buy another sub better suited for my enclosure?? I'll hear your hints. I have 800RMS amp.

attached some pictures of the enclosure. it has a 2" port tuned to 25-30hz

Little hint: before fitting the X8, I had a 8" 110RMS sub, suited for that enclosure. needless to say, the difference between the correct sub and oversized X8 is day and night (at win for the X8)

U should get a new enclosure and fix the sundown, learn how to set your gains so you don’t blow another woofer
nOOOOO!! Forghet about new enclosure! that enclosure is custom made for the car. its a Smart roadster, there's no space for a bigger enclosure. I was thinking about quitting the X8, and fitting something lighter, but same as strong at lows like the X8. But the enclosure is given, I can't get around!

nOOOOO!! Forghet about new enclosure! that enclosure is custom made for the car. its a Smart roadster, there's no space for a bigger enclosure. I was thinking about quitting the X8, and fitting something lighter, but same as strong at lows like the X8. But the enclosure is given, I can't get around!
Enclosure looks like trash. Just saying. To small and Got some elephant trunk coming off it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

XxAndreaxX
spain
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
MrFoca
IMG_0606.jpg