Got my ED 15 AE (pics)

violator5spd
10+ year member

Post Wh0re Hunter
Ohio
Well my 15AE arrived today, only 2 days after ordering. It's pretty big, weighs about 37lbs. As of now I only have the sub, but I'll continue to add pics as I make a box & get everything installed. For now, I just have these 2...

330489_22_full.jpg

330489_21_full.jpg

If you set everything up properly, you'll love it. I'm VERY satisfied with mine.

I went ahead and followed ED's one week break in period. I gave it a little less than half power. Then after one week a gave it 3/4 power. Now (2 weeks) I give it all my Brutus 1500D can give, and it takes it no problem. And it's in a vented box quite a bit larger than recommended, still it takes ~1500 watts like a champ.

And man can it move! On drum hits from Twista's cd Adrenaline Rush, it moves about 1.5" just off regular music. If I popped in my Bass Mekanik it would probably move 2" no problem.

Check my sig for my setup. It's still amazing how loud it gets in a box tuned @ 24hz. I like boxes bigger than recommended. It allows for more excursion, less power you need to push it to it's potential, and I think bigger boxes help subs to sound smoother. It's noticeably louder than my friend's 2 Audiobahn 15's.

Even though it's not fair bcuz my Crystal sub wasn't in a box 1 cubic feet over the recommended volume, BUT, Ima go ahead and say I think it's louder, and sounds smoother. Given the same box though.

You'll love it bruh. Trust me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

howd u get one? looks good... let us know how it is...
From their website, they're out of production, but they're still selling the ones they have left.

By the way, I'm getting some MDF today so I hope to have some box pics up by this weekend. I've decided to build a sealed box first, and then if it's not what I want, I'll make a ported.

From their website, they're out of production, but they're still selling the ones they have left.
By the way, I'm getting some MDF today so I hope to have some box pics up by this weekend. I've decided to build a sealed box first, and then if it's not what I want, I'll make a ported.
Hey,

Are you going to be running your 15AE JUST off that JBL 600.1 in your sig? If so, I hope your going to upgrade your amp sometime REALLY soon. Like right after you break your sub in.

Plus you said your going sealed, and that little amount of power with the inefficiency of sealed boxes might not make very much output. Maybe fine for breaking the sub in though. But I guess if you make your sealed box a nice amount larger than recommended, it might equal out.

Like I said earlier, mine is in a 3.4 cubic feet vented box, and I'm giving it every bit of my Brutus 1500D.

But too, I don't know what your trying to get from your 15AE, so I'm just giving some advice that MIGHT be useful to you.

I'm just curious what you were doing with it in the bathroom???
You didn't see the hole in the back of the magnet?

I guess he wanted some privacy.

I be strokin' to the east, strokin' to the west..I be strokin'...

j/k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

violator5spd

10+ year member
Post Wh0re Hunter
violator5spd
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date