2003 Chevy Silverado Box Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
My wife thought my Sundown Ev3 10's were too loud so I am selling them to my brother in law along with my Solid Audio F11D (sad about this one). He's fresh out of school and on a very light budget. He currently has 2 Planet Audio 12s and a Planet Audio amp. To help him out, I offered to build him a new box for the 10's instead of spending over $200 for a ported prefab. Materials were $53 total so without further ado, here is the finished product.

2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab

I used his prefab box to get some rough measurements as it pretty much fit but definitely had the opportunity for more air space. His prefab was 1/2 inch so I decided to use 3/4 inch.

pGeAXXN.jpg

We moved out to the country a couple years ago and the house doesn't have a garage. We decided to build a nice entertaining deck instead of a shop so I used the deck as my shop haha

o3ytrz0.jpg

I'm not very good at taking photos while I'm doing a project so I apologize for that. This is the front piece and I measured my design on it to get a feel for it before cutting.

3xpC74N.jpg

Here is the front and side pieces cut. The truck has a large hump in the middle and a small hump that runs side to side so that is what the notch is for in the side pieces.

r47o2Ad.jpg

Here's another photo with my little helper!

uYQnquP.jpgp

Next is a photo with the seams caulked and the middle divider piece in. Wanted to do dual chamber for port reasons. It's about 100 degrees here during the day so I moved inside for the non cutting stuff.

EFaygRh.jpg

I didn't have a lot of room to work with for the port so I decided to Aeroport. Best I could do was a 3 inch port per chamber. Tuning should be around mid 30's. Brother in law didn't want side firing ports which could have gone lower so this was the best I could do. I don't have a good photo showing the ports but I decided to route an mdf ring to help with port noise. I actually used a jigsaw and sander. It actually worked pretty well.

5tT0aWF.jpg

This is what the setup will look like when installed

MsR0add.jpg

Looks good, E series are great subs. I did a 140.7 and 141.6 at the headrest with a pair of E10v3s in a 2017 Mustang this weekend.
Yes they are. Hated to get rid of them, especially so quick but I'm glad he's getting them. Both are from the yard sale, one has a small nick in the basket and the other has a slight vc tick. For $100, he's getting some killer subs. Congrats on the numbers. I miss my Mustang

My wife would beat me if I brought a sub enclosure I was building inside the house and put it on the dining room table lol

Overall looks pretty good. Waiting to see how she fits in the vehicle.

My wife would beat me if I brought a sub enclosure I was building inside the house and put it on the dining room table lol
Overall looks pretty good. Waiting to see how she fits in the vehicle.
Haha yeah I did it while she was at work. I made sure to put a towel down and cleanup well otherwise I'd be forced to clean the entire house as punishment.

Yeah he'll probably stop by today to test fit so I'll make sure to get a photo. I'll probably sand the corners and fill in the screw heads to make a nice even surface but he wants to use bed liner so I may not need to fill in the heads.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.