Wanting new speakers for car but i'm looking JL but are better speakers out there

speakers arent usually the issue, the issue is the sh*tty stock head unit and lack of amplifier power. Digital sound processing and power. Those two alone can make almost any speaker sound good.

If you only plan on swapping speakers and keeping everything stock along with subpar sound treatments and deadening, you'll have literally sh*t results.

There are tons of different/equal/better speakers, but as Jeff said, you should first concentrate on preparing your car for an upgrade. That head unit will be awesome, but your next step should be looking for proper sound deadening materials, and watching videos on how to disassemble the doors and interior of your car in order to sound deaden it. You will be amazed at how much this will help everything else you upgrade, even your stock speakers. This will be one of the most cost to benefit investments you can do. To get started, check out youtube videos by caraudiofabrication. Mark is an excellent teacher, and does proper steps to everything. When you repost, everyone will be happy to recommend their favorite sound deadening materials.

I got mind on kenwood 9905s now for the speakers i am looking at JL but is there any brand better than JL
I have a Kenwood ddx5901hd double din I could sell you if you’re interested. It’s in great shape.

Some better speakers to look at are Morell, Audio frog, Hertz and Focal. As stated above, you will be wasting money if you dont have a good HU and amp and a proper install.

Focal speakers rock now if your going to keep the car buy a better head unit like a Alpine with rca jacks to connect a good amp.

These speakers are underrated listen to them so the guy put on front and back NVX speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.