How an audiophile is created?

New to your forum here...been out of the scene for a few years and just decided to dust of some of my equipment and get back into it (lol not going so well in that end butt working on it)...any way while I was piddling with with my old equipment I just got to thinking about old times and how I got started as a bass head...lol me and my best friend started in early 90's with about the cheapest and crappiest equip you could buy...so anyway it got me curious about you other members...what started the bug? What got you interested? Whether you're a basshead, audiophile, car audio enthusiast or whatever you call yourself I'm interested in hearing about your experience and what piqued your interest

Saw the cars at world of wheels in Phx in early 90's... already had booster /w/ multiple 6x9's but experienced a in-car sub for the 1st time there.

Haven't really stopped since.

Guy had a Regal with 2-15's in it... it was LOUD at the time, maybe a 138db today... IDK

I skateboarded a lot in the 90s, I also smoked a lot of grass. One day, my green hookup gave me a ride to the skatepark while we chiefed it up. He cranked up some sublime and it was the first time I ever rode in a car with subwoofers. He had 2 jl audio 12w3v1s (not sure of the amp) and to me it sounded magical (maybe because I was blitzed out of my mind?). From that moment I was hooked (on the bass, not the grass lol)

Big brother had a 1980's Toyota mini truck in 1992. Had two 12 inch Orion's in the bed with a blow thru to the cab. I was 9. From that day on pretty much I have loved everything home/car audio. One of the best hobbies ever!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Been addicted to bass ever since my uncle gave me his old home stereo Infinity 2 way floor speakers and a cheap jvc receiver when I was about 13-14. In high school I had a friend with 2 Infinity Reference 12s sealed on who knows what amp in a little Pontiac Sunfire, I knew I had to put something in my car. Unfortunately there were bigger financial priorities than car audio. Fast forward 5-6 years later in college and my weed hookup bought a bunch of equipment and had no one to install it, so I offered to install it for an oz, I had already done a few head units and speakers by then- how hard could it be? 1 month later I installed a sealed 12 in my car, blew it in 2 weeks, upgraded then 5 months later I joined ca.com and the rest is history.

It started for me when I went over my uncles house and he had some Snell-A-Acoustics speakers driven by a Crown amplifier and pre amplifier. That was a high end system, even by today’s standards, and it sounded incredible. The car audio thing came much later in the early ninties. I used to go to a car stereo store called Raco Car Electronics just to listen to the speakers they had on display even though I couldn’t afford most of them.

It started for me when I went over my uncles house and he had some Snell-A-Acoustics speakers driven by a Crown amplifier and pre amplifier. That was a high end system, even by today’s standards, and it sounded incredible. The car audio thing came much later in the early ninties. I used to go to a car stereo store called Raco Car Electronics just to listen to the speakers they had on display even though I couldn’t afford most of them.
when i was a kid u knew someone was rich if they had a reel to reel player, they were amazing but really it was just a gigantic cassette tape lol..

Lol...couldn't tell you how many times I went into the stereo shop window shopping...actually had to buy most of my first components on layaway...think I had the subs about a month before I could pay off for the hi and amp...that was a long sucky month

An audiophile is not created, he is born into your world.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Lol...I'll bet there was a guy around that probably macguyered an extra big come for his Victoria out of a milk bucket...had to be one of us around even then
yeah my buddy tesla was into back then i didn't get all that electrical stuff lol..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.