Amp recommendation (~1600 Watts @ 2 Ohms)

Participant count
  • Participant list

cotjones
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Looking to buy an amp to power (4) JL 10w6v2's in a sealed box

According to specs they can take a max. RMS of 600

Dual 4 ohm coils, So I can either configure the 4 of them at 2 ohms or .5 ohms

So I figure I can go up to a 2400 watts at 2 Ohm, without headroom in the subs,

however, I don't have a good inexpensive solution for inputs beyond line output converters, so I really don't want to drive them at 100%. Particularly because I can most likely get by on stock electrical with a 1600 watt amp, but probs not with a 2400.

So the one I had my eye on is the Hifonics Brutus BRX2400.1D which is available for a ridiculously cheap $220 on sonic electronics. This would drive them at 1600 RMS @ 2 ohms.

Anyone have experience with this amp, or have a better recommendation?

get an sq2200 and run it at .5 ohm with at least 0 gauge from the batt, big 3 and an agm

at .5 ohm with all that electrical up to snuff, you can keep the gain down and have headroom

Looking to buy an amp to power (4) JL 10w6v2's in a sealed box
According to specs they can take a max. RMS of 600

Dual 4 ohm coils, So I can either configure the 4 of them at 2 ohms or .5 ohms

So I figure I can go up to a 2400 watts at 2 Ohm, without headroom in the subs,

however, I don't have a good inexpensive solution for inputs beyond line output converters, so I really don't want to drive them at 100%. Particularly because I can most likely get by on stock electrical with a 1600 watt amp, but probs not with a 2400.

So the one I had my eye on is the Hifonics Brutus BRX2400.1D which is available for a ridiculously cheap $220 on sonic electronics. This would drive them at 1600 RMS @ 2 ohms.

Anyone have experience with this amp, or have a better recommendation?
you will be lucky to get 1600 rms at 1 ohm with that hifonics amp. STAY THE FK away from hifonics all garbage performance for the price you pay.

They are already overrated as dog sh*t and their power output is WAAAAAY worse when you dont even have the electrical upgrades to keep at a high 14.4/14.8 volt rage. Every amplifier dyno out there, with the BRX series have produced beyond sh*t results. Overpriced garbage amps. The sound quality is sh*t as well.

you will be lucky to get 1600 rms at 1 ohm with that hifonics amp. STAY THE FK away from hifonics all garbage performance for the price you pay.
They are already overrated as dog sh*t and their power output is WAAAAAY worse when you dont even have the electrical upgrades to keep at a high 14.4/14.8 volt rage. Every amplifier dyno out there, with the BRX series have produced beyond sh*t results. Overpriced garbage amps. The sound quality is sh*t as well.
sad but true

get the new s1 sq 2250 u can run it at 2ohm tested over 1500 and they cheap too

peeps don't like skar but guy here has this on 2 re sxx 12's in 4th ordr box and peeps are like jumping out of the car it's so loud (no joke there's videos) skar rp2000 did same power but with 71% efficiency sq was 63% (both those at 2ohm)

get the new s1 sq 2250 u can run it at 2ohm tested over 1500 and they cheap too
Me likely that one at $250, but where to buy?

It would still be a step up from the JBL GTO14001 I had.

Loved the amp honestly, but the power terminals came loose from the board.

I soldered them back down pretty good but its no use, it's toast with that kind of power going through it.

The SQ says it is only 1 ohm stable. Have you run these at .5 ohms?
i havent personally, but over the time ive spent on here, many folks have with zero issue. Even if you run it at 2 ohms, these things make serious power for their price range and are pretty solid amps. I have a sq2200 and due to being retarded, ive killed it twice. voltage dropped below 12 too many times and for too long. Whatever you do, do not let your voltage drop into the 11's with these things. get one of these and install the positive lead at the +12v on the amp and youll be fine as long as you stay at 12 or above

Me likely that one at $250, but where to buy?It would still be a step up from the JBL GTO14001 I had.

I soldered them back down pretty good but its no use, it's toast with that kind of power going through it.
just so u know some of those jbl amps are awesome even the 500 tested like 800rms.. just saying u may wanta lower expectations on another amp idk how strong that one u had was.. https://soundqubed.com/product/s1-2250/ out of stock.. i think this is what udo has believe he ran at 2 ohm long time https://soundqubed.com/product/q1-2200-2-amplifier/

Me likely that one at $250, but where to buy?It would still be a step up from the JBL GTO14001 I had.

taramps hd 3000 2 ohms version would be what you want. just set your gains via voltage drop and you should be fine especially on weaker electrical, they thrive a lot more than korean and chinese amps that require major electrical support.

taramps hd 3000 2 ohms version would be what you want. just set your gains via voltage drop and you should be fine especially on weaker electrical, they thrive a lot more than korean and chinese amps that require major electrical support.
And we have them on sale cheaper than anything mentioned here so far.

you think id be better off with the hd 3000 2 ohm version than the sq2200 and beefing up my electrical? i know that beefing up the electrical is a good idea irrespective, and im planning on getting that done soon, but just in general

you think id be better off with the hd 3000 2 ohm version than the sq2200 and beefing up my electrical? i know that beefing up the electrical is a good idea irrespective, and im planning on getting that done soon, but just in general
power output should be similar so it wouldnt matter. It'll be down to just space saving.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.