Refoam problems

Participant count
  • Participants list
To start I am a total newbie to this site so bare with me on the posts...so I have a set of eclipse 12" subwoofers that the rubber surrounds have fallen off of...apparently the factory glue just fell off after years of abuse (surrounds are fine glue just fell off)...anyway after a little research I read that aleene's tacky glue was a common glue for repair butt after my first attempt it will not stick to the rubber surround...next attempt is more aggressive 5 minute epoxy same result...so question is what glue will stick to these rubber surrounds?

You can get e6000 at walmart. Dp420 is on amazon amd ebay, im not sure where to find it locally. I got a few of the 400ml bottles for a good price at a flea market a few years ago.

Lol...i had already researched it a little and the dp420 seemed a little pricey...well worth it though to save my subs...i can purchase the e6000 locally...probably experiment with it later today...I'll let you know if it works if not I'll order the dp420

Lol...i had already researched it a little and the dp420 seemed a little pricey...well worth it though to save my subs...i can purchase the e6000 locally...probably experiment with it later today...I'll let you know if it works if not I'll order the dp420
Some of those really rubbery surrounds have a real issue holding glue. Not sure about the Eclipse but I know some of the old RF subs use a rubber surround that just nothing seems to stick to. I'd call up Springfield Speaker Repair and ask them, they will have the correct glue for sure.

Well I have the e6000 a whirl...so far it does seem to have a pretty strong bond (at least stronger than the first 2 attempts)...however the recommended cute time has not elapsed so I'm afraid to try it out for at least a couple of days

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.