Change already built enclosure tuning

Participant count
  • Participants list

Lovebass805

I purchased a subwoofer enclosure tuned to 30hz

That I want to change to 35hz is there anyway to do it?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L86LCNS

This is it,I don’t know why I thought 30hz was the ideal tune for two sa12’s I read a lot of old threads of the older versions of the sa12’ I suspect that recommend 30hz tunes

But I see the newest version is recommended at 35hz tune for a nice gain (6db?)in certain frequency range

I listen to nothing but dubstep will I notice a difference from 30hz to 35hz tune?

Can I change the tuning of a already built enclosure to a higher desired frequency of 35hz

Looks like shortening the aeros to 9.5" from 1/2 front flare radius to 1/2 rear flare radius should do it...

srpk5lU.jpg

The side panels are inset how much... 3/8" each side?.. by my quick and dirty estimation you'll be at 4.1ft3 ad so that would be mid 30's tuned.

I think I deciphered the listing right... lol

That'll be under 7in2 per ft3... how much power you running... amp/load?

Thats enough port for about a 1k amp imo.. maybe a touch more thats all.

Thanks so much it’s crappy boss4000 amp that is nowhere near what it’s rated but some guy tested it online and it’s 946 watts at 1ohm

I’ll get a better amp when I have money.

Again thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.