Amp swap weekend.

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Haven’t seen gain pots this far out of line since Linear power. But this one is cheap and made in China. Remote is cheap as hell also. People can call Korean amps cookie cutter but they have better fitment But they are heavy. The A/B is small. Top is 65x4 bottom is 1k. These are a 1/3rd of the price of the DDs they will replace as soon as this weather clears up. The Tiffany inputs are nice. The reducers are a bit to long. We will see. If the brand name gets me a few extra points it will be worth it.View attachment 26557525View attachment 26557526View attachment 26557527View attachment 26557528View attachment 26557529View attachment 26557530

I wouldnt cut them off if you dont have too.You may need them as long as they are in future needs.Id just heat shrink the + connection at the least
They where $5. It will be ok. I want them flush as possible. Will heat shrink anyway. I have to redue all the ends.

As soon as the pain killers kick in I’ll get up and install them. I’m sure they will be better then listening to Comedy Central thru the phone speaker like I’ve been doing the last week.

Ok. In. Playing. I can’t say they sound the same because as soon as I turned the car on(radio was off) the left tweeter went up in smoke. They are 7 years old so it was about time. Looks like I’ll be ordering the ID XS-28s. But everything I can hear is the same. I can’t dial it in with one tweeter. SOAB.

Yeah. After level matching. Spending a bit with the trusty ol reference tracks. Big waste of time. There “may” be better resolution. And that’s a big MAY.

Now to decide on tweeters. Fake Alpine(vifa xt-25) or ID XS-28s.

They haven’t made mine in years.

Yeah. After level matching. Spending a bit with the trusty ol reference tracks. Big waste of time. There “may” be better resolution. And that’s a big MAY.
Now to decide on tweeters. Fake Alpine(vifa xt-25) or ID XS-28s.

They haven’t made mine in years.
Not sure why you even expected in an improvement tbh

Difference in power aside, neither DD nor Zapco amps of any sort should be coloring your sound.
I have had a noise floor since the beginning. I always figured it was the cheap Fordco. That was the main reason I decided to give it a shot.

And I’ve had the same stuff for 3 years. Well... I still have the same noise floor.

I didn’t. But I did make a profit. And they fit better.
see this is why i as suprised u switched to them and don't understand why youdu keeps talking about what a deal they are because it's just a china amp.. when i suggested a new sq amp to a guy youdufus said it's still china right i said "isn't everything these days" idk why peeps think zapco would be any better.. i understand u think that maybe they were designed in usa but that's also what hifonics and autotek say on the amps "designed in usa" so that don't mean as much as some peeps think.. i woulda got sq or similar amps instead., couple peeps here got lower end zaps said they good but then sold them within few months. just saying..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.