Sign in to follow this  
dacheatham

Getting ready...Wolfram audio

Will do

references: Bought from charlieanderson, bball09124, coolwazabi, bchockey097, gohillaudio, licarus, phs1er, ls2poweredgoat, stiperformance, lakota, shinju, bones22, oldschoolboomer, viveet, draginx, lousiana_CRX, Serpent, jmistty, sundownz,sold to: newageking, nmbr1spt, tensfw, kraco, mazdakid, operationcougar, SoloXjeep, titan714, loudaccent, FJF, alfabit1,1ndatrunk, dabeholder, darkness_DTI, SLAM, nineball1, ircowagon, 1loudyukon, mrmextraded with; poundinak, bunkerking, bjalion, dcmcki, korn4life, 2loud4morrisSCAMMED by: gohillaudio and VarsityBumper

In the tuning stage now. Meter should be over later today. for 49-50ish

references: Bought from charlieanderson, bball09124, coolwazabi, bchockey097, gohillaudio, licarus, phs1er, ls2poweredgoat, stiperformance, lakota, shinju, bones22, oldschoolboomer, viveet, draginx, lousiana_CRX, Serpent, jmistty, sundownz,sold to: newageking, nmbr1spt, tensfw, kraco, mazdakid, operationcougar, SoloXjeep, titan714, loudaccent, FJF, alfabit1,1ndatrunk, dabeholder, darkness_DTI, SLAM, nineball1, ircowagon, 1loudyukon, mrmextraded with; poundinak, bunkerking, bjalion, dcmcki, korn4life, 2loud4morrisSCAMMED by: gohillaudio and VarsityBumper

Not bad for 2 15s. Pulled a 47.7 at 34hz.

5b2597708bffc.jpg

Popped a 150.5 @ 36 today, clamping right at 3k.

5b381d90cc42d.jpg

Popped a 150.5 @ 36 today, clamping right at 3k.

5b381d90cc42d.jpg

At 1 ohm or .25 ohm strapped? Are you strapped or gain matched?

That 80AH lithium should be overkill for 6K by all accounts, how is that holding up real-world for you? I'm looking at building a big LiFePO4 bank for myself in a couple weeks and still a bit on the fence about sizing.

Strapped at 2ohm...power was at 6.5ohm after rise.

The 80ah is more than enough. Currently on the stock alt it stays in mid 13s. My vehicle seems to be regulated at 14v as I have never seen it charge above that, now or pre stereo.

I have a 370a CES alternator that should go in this week. Hopefully that keeps me in the high 13s or low 14s.

The next step is d4 subs so I can strap at 1. Maybe a different box to try and offset the rise some.

Strapped at 2ohm...power was at 6.5ohm after rise.

The 80ah is more than enough. Currently on the stock alt it stays in mid 13s. My vehicle seems to be regulated at 14v as I have never seen it charge above that, now or pre stereo.

I have a 370a CES alternator that should go in this week. Hopefully that keeps me in the high 13s or low 14s.

The next step is d4 subs so I can strap at 1. Maybe a different box to try and offset the rise some.

Impedance should not be a factor in changing your box, particularly if your goal is to play music. If it sounds good it is good. Get some D4 ohm subs on there and see what happens.

The swap to d4s will be the first move.

Have not updated this in a while. Have gone through some different sub and amp combos this season. 

Currently running 2 Wolfram 4500.1s strapped at 1 ohm on a pair of Sundown U 15s with zv coils and Nightshade spiders. Pulled a 154.5 today at 44hz. 

3 hours ago, dacheatham said:

Have not updated this in a while. Have gone through some different sub and amp combos this season. 

Currently running 2 Wolfram 4500.1s strapped at 1 ohm on a pair of Sundown U 15s with zv coils and Nightshade spiders. Pulled a 154.5 today at 44hz. 

Nice any pics? Or vids?

3 hours ago, dacheatham said:

Got a few pics of the setup?.. iirc it was pretty unusually amp racked... id like to see what its evolved into with the new amps and whatever else has changed. 

Edited by shredder2

JVC KD-X350BTS, RE Sx-18d4 9ft3 36.86hz, Synergy 3K@ 2 ohm, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ

Actually still looks the same. The 4500 and 3000 are almost identical in size. The 4500 just weighs a lot more. 

I've seen @dacheatham set up on FB once or twice. Been awhile since then....so things could have changed. I wasn't able to get my Wolfram amps installed this past summer as I had hoped. I had many other projects going on at the same time, so that'll be next summer, on the to do list.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835 (Pioneer DEH-80PRS coming soon)

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Some testing today. SSF roll-off was holding them back at 30hz. But better safe than sorry there. 

1B81F19B-8DB0-42B9-8E99-90C5DF653EBF.jpeg

As another update..I had clamped 6748 out of the (2) 3ks strapped at 1. Not sure what I was rising to. The clamp meter was down at the show this weekend so not sure what the 4500s were doing. Probably 9k or so. 

7FF5B6BC-DCA6-4A9E-B556-DECAF6345159.jpeg

A488398D-18AB-4B11-9F90-AE978AC3F265.jpeg

B701E832-7885-4209-94F9-257B833BBA98.jpeg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this