Revised Soundstream TN4.900D Amp Dyno

Had a pair of 10.0's in the 90's (killer cheaters)... why build up a brand name and reputation then chance ripping it all down?

Makes no sense...

Thanks again bigblank69 for another vid on true power ratings.Well appreciated.Quite a shame that it seems the majority of all amp makers are just trashing themselves with mass production with poor parts in general to save a buck and ruin a reputation and try to stick it to a consumer. I get it that its much nicer to place a compact amplifier in most vehicles these days rather than an old school power hunger surf board..but I have to say.. I think Im more pleased with my old school amplifiers that are still very dependable and built with good parts that have seem to last me for over 15+ years and ill still find a place for them regardless. I still have a couple old school SS amps that are still performing great and have always been dependable.SS USA 200, SA80, 204,100, 60,200, 300s.I still like the PPI Phantoms, seem like they do just fine for class D amps.The last Lil Wonder i picked up a few years back seemed like it did great/newer version

I did see as you stated the inconsistency of the supply to both channels being tested/shown.Very unpredictable and unreliable in supply. Pretty nasty in terms of supply.Deff a shame having one ch, delivering say 100 rms to the right side and maybe 40-60% less to the left side on front stage.talking about having some clipping issues and damaged components ect, in the future:hitbrick:

I did see as you stated the inconsistency of the supply to both channels being tested/shown.Very unpredictable and unreliable in supply. Pretty nasty in terms of supply.Deff a shame having one ch, delivering say 100 rms to the right side and maybe 40-60% less to the left side on front stage.talking about having some clipping issues and damaged components ect, in the future:hitbrick:
I believe it was mostly front vs back, not left vs right? But in bridged mode I suppose you could end up running it the way you mentioned.

Either way it's ******

I believe it was mostly front vs back, not left vs right? But in bridged mode I suppose you could end up running it the way you mentioned.
Either way it's ******
That would be correct sir.And completely agree on either way...garbage being nicely put..but *****

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

lol

Repost of what I left in the comments section of Ryan's video...

"It's time to boycott Epsilon brands (SoundStream, PPI, Power Acoustik, etc). First they were caught and fined for shipping product into Iran during an embargo and now they are pulling what is essentially a 'bait & switch' with these amps. It's obvious their intent is to milk as much profit from old school legacy brands as possible and leave them for dead.

From a PPI loyalist since 1988- screw you Epsilon!"

PPI/SS Carry 0 parts for their products as well. Even a simple remote for the DSP isn't available and they won't repair your product either, just sell you a new one. I could care less about the repair part but the no remote ******** is absurd.

They're making terrible business decisions and losing customers because of it. So yeah, it's about time we start saying f you

Worst was I contacted Soundstream tech support about the board change.. Tech support had no idea anything had changed. Said to refer to the manual with the amp, and they do sometimes just revise the board and not the heatsink.

Worst was I contacted Soundstream tech support about the board change.. Tech support had no idea anything had changed. Said to refer to the manual with the amp, and they do sometimes just revise the board and not the heatsink.
WTF??LOL seriously?

PPI/SS Carry 0 parts for their products as well. Even a simple remote for the DSP isn't available and they won't repair your product either, just sell you a new one. I could care less about the repair part but the no remote ******** is absurd.
They're making terrible business decisions and losing customers because of it. So yeah, it's about time we start saying f you
After the Phantom amps for PPI, I dont think I will be buying any future products.I may pick up that 5 ch phantom just for the hell of it and cal lit quits from there. I have a few old PPI amps sitting that are great amps and still perform very nicely, but USA made

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.