18' Silverado Components/amp wiring questions, need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mitchc1113

Hi guys, new to the forum, been out the audio/ dB Drag game for about 10 yrs now. Just got a new 2018 Silverado LT Z71 Redline double cab and just had to upgrade the stock stereo. Anyway I was originally planning on just doin a sub upgrade, but when I was @ my mom's house goin through my old audio stuff I found a set of 6.5 CDT Classics from like 04' that I never even unboxed and I also had a Hifonics Warrior Hawk laying around too, so I decided to upgrade my front stage as well.

Anyways I'm trying to get an idea of the cleanest/easiest way to wire them up. My truck is a lease so less cutting/splicing the better. I have the speaker adapters but do I even need them? Like I said been out the game a while so im a bit rusty, want to see if the options in my head are correct.

Option #1 . I just remove stock speakers, leave the harness alone, run new wire from amp to x-overs then x-overs to speakers in effect bypassing the factory speaker wiring therefor being able to leave it intact?

Option #2 . Not as clear, I have 9 wire, couldn't I tap into factory wiring harness behind HU w/ 9 wire (redirecting speaker wire from ever going to the HU) Where I'm confused with this option is where do I run 9 wire to? Amp? X-overs? And can I use the speaker adapters with this option.

Are there any other options I'm missing here? Like I said looking for the easiest/cleanest route with the knowledge that easiest/cleanest may not go hand in hand. The thought of having to run new wire thru door grommet is not something I look forward to doing, but neither is cutting my speaker adapters...

The last part of this equation which again I'm not sure how much of an effect it will have on wiring the new speakers is like I said earlier my Audio Control LC2i is hooked up behind my HU getting it's signal from my front stage, will installing the new components have an effect on the LC2i doing it's job giving signal to my amps?

Thanks in advance guys, hopefully I provided enough info and it's not too confusing. I got a lot coming back to me but some things, like this I'm just havin a mental block and I don't want to start doing anything before I'm 100% on how and what I'm doing with these components.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.