Grill ideas

Participant count
  • Participant list

inteva6184

Senior VIP Member
pa
Does anyone have any suggestions for functional grills for my my sundown sa-8's. I actually use my truck and have kids so I am trying to keep the subs safe when stuff is back there or the kids are getting in and out.

rzXAJOw.jpg

All you need is to extend top and two side approx 2 inches and Id get some black closet metal mesh shelves(Most are white, black gloss spray paint isntnt that expensive) and cut to fit with angle brackets.The 2" new lip will hide the majority of the mesh as well as the L brackets and screws attatched. Should be enough room if kicked to help prevent some damage to subs and still open enough to not loose much sound.

All you need is to extend top and two side approx 2 inches and Id get some black closet metal mesh shelves(Most are white, black gloss spray paint isntnt that expensive) and cut to fit with angle brackets.The 2" new lip will hide the majority of the mesh as well as the L brackets and screws attatched. Should be enough room if kicked to help prevent some damage to subs and still open enough to not loose much sound.
Great idea! That's one heck of a nice cheap functional grill. I will have to see if I can make it look good or I will just stick it on there haha.

Does anyone have any suggestions for functional grills for my my sundown sa-8's. I actually use my truck and have kids so I am trying to keep the subs safe when stuff is back there or the kids are getting in and out.
rzXAJOw.jpg
Does that enclosure slide back at all?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.