Fair price to carpet a box

KilluminatiDre
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Japan
What would you guys consider to be a fair price to carpet a box thats about 35.5x20x25.75 with just regular black carpet? I just got a quote for $100. I didn't even spend $100 in the materials to build the box. Before anyone suggest doing it myself I already watched the videos and don't feel comfortable with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a tough number to nail down since that’s all you’re looking for. If they were building the box they probably wouldn’t charge $100 to carpet it but they don’t really care about your business at this point so they throw out a number and if you’re willing to pay it then they’ll do it, if not they could care less. They don’t see losing your business carpeting your box as a long term loss so they aren’t gonna do you any favors.

Have you looked into using Raptor spray liner.

You can get a small kit on Amazon with enough to do a box for $39.00 and $13.00 for the spray gun.

You would need access to a compressor but that stuff is easy and looks great.

You can find Lots of vids on YouTube on how it works

i got my material from walmart, and paid $8 for 2 yards if memory serves correct.. $4 for spray glue, and maybe 30 min of my time..

And, it was my first time carpeting a box.

Have you looked into using Raptor spray liner.You can get a small kit on Amazon with enough to do a box for $39.00 and $13.00 for the spray gun.

Agree

a.png

Have you looked into using Raptor spray liner.You can get a small kit on Amazon with enough to do a box for $39.00 and $13.00 for the spray gun.

I havent heard of this stuff. The last box I did I used Herculiner and the smell never went away and it was expensive. Does still stuff have a smell?

just do it yourself, its easy..

I may give it a shot. I did find a place that will do it for 40-50.

The Raptor smell is not bad at all I just refinished a Ranch Hand Headache Rack with it.

Mead and Soundman both have videos of it in there projects.

The others who stated DYI are right

with a little effort carpet is easy to do just get some 3m or other good spray adhesive and some sharp razor blades and get after it

Again you can learn by watching a few videos

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.