Seeking Hairtrick Capable Setup in Los Angeles

BryanMichael

Hello all,

I work for a special effects company and we are interested in testing out a "hairtrick" on camera for potential use in an upcoming film. If you live (or know someone who does) in the Los Angeles area and have a set up capable of producing a "hairtrick," please send me a message!

Thanks for your time!

Hello all,
I work for a special effects company and we are interested in testing out a "hairtrick" on camera for potential use in an upcoming film. If you live (or know someone who does) in the Los Angeles area and have a set up capable of producing a "hairtrick," please send me a message!

Thanks for your time!
There has to be plenty of impressive builds in SoCal. A few members here are local to you so you can probably get pointed in the right direction at least.

I know quite a few that can hairtrick but how intense of a hairtrick are we talking about? 150 db at 20hz or 154db at 20hz or 158 db at 20hz?
pretty sure the op doesnt know what that means since he put the hair trick in quotes. Or maybe its papermaker back from the realm of the d@mned pulling a troll move?

@ op, a place rather close to LA is santa clarita which is where Doug Bernards' shop is. He is known by the moniker "SoundmanCA" and his site is https://soundmanca.com/

give him a call as im certain taht he can likely hook you up with a few people who would be able to make it look like you stuck your finger in a light socket

[quote name='kr15']@mrj858[/QUOTE]
If I wasn't semi redoing things I'd be all over this :D .... seats are out, carpet is out and subs and adding 2 more banks of caps....finally going to deaden/stiffen the floor since there is ZERO deadner on my floor and I have a pair of NSv4s in bound ;)

If I wasn't semi redoing things I'd be all over this
.... seats are out, carpet is out and subs and adding 2 more banks of caps....finally going to deaden/stiffen the floor since there is ZERO deadner on my floor and I have a pair of NSv4s in bound
dear lord!! you got a pair of those monsters?? youll have to let us know how it turns out, those things sure look mean af

What drivers did you have before?
Rebuilt EMF ermagerd V1s....sundown 18in baskets,12in spiders,sundown V2 cones...current recones were supposed to be temporary.... I lost a coil a week before finals,my sub builder (Zeus on here) had everything I needed excepts cones(had been running sundown Spl cones) and coils...went with the sundown V2 cones and the coils I usually run were custom ones from PE....So had to over night some from PSI which were shorter WW (2.5in instead of usual 3.5in) so I lost some throw with the big 12in spiders

Rebuilt EMF ermagerd V1s....sundown 18in baskets,12in spiders,sundown V2 cones...current recones were supposed to be temporary.... I lost a coil a week before finals,my sub builder (Zeus on here) had everything I needed excepts cones(had been running sundown Spl cones) and coils...went with the sundown V2 cones and the coils I usually run were custom ones from PE....So had to over night some from PSI which were shorter WW (2.5in instead of usual 3.5in) so I lost some throw with the big 12in spiders
I feel like the nsv4 will be an upgrade.

Yeah the motor is definitely stronger the the ermagerd V1s,talked to Jacob at the CES showdown should see about a db increase direct swap....best numbers with these currently are a 156+ @ 26hz and 155+ @ 53hz Sealed on the dash ....155+ @ 20hz and 159+ @ 35hz on the dash driver window down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.