LetMyBeatPound

PSI Stage 5 for next subs?

I am know I want to upgrade my subs now. I want two 18s. Its between PSI Stage 5 18s or have two custom 18s built.

The customs are 2500-3500 RMS, Ti basket, triple stack, 4" team double layer flat wound coils, mega roll surround. Which would cost about $800-$1000 w/ labor to get both built.

But I was looking at PSI Stage 5 18s with the upgrades make it almost $2000 but they are 3500-4500 RMS each.

Just would like to hear opinions about the PSIs and if anyone has had any experience with them I'd love to hear that too. I know PSI are suppose to be awesome for recone kits but how about for their subs?

And also are their any subs I should look at? Requirements are 4" coil, 18", 2500w RMS, $500-$1000 each.

As always thanks in advance for all your comments...

Scott

93 Dodge Caravan

Excessive Amperage 300amp Hairpin Alt

JVC KD-X340BTS, 2x FU750v2.0 - 18"

12CFT Net Vol. Ported Box Tuned @ 32hrz

Aphard Sound Machete M2000D

3x 100aH Power Sonic Batteries

Sony 5.25 4ways(Dash)

Kicker 6X9 3ways(Rear Hatch)

2/0g AWG OFC Welding Cable

8G AWG OFC Speaker Wire

Psi is good stuff... I like buying sundown yard sale for the cheap. And then recone if needed. U could get some nsv3 or nsv4 or zv5 for that kind of doe :graduate:

Idk why u want a 4” coil... 3” can handle tons of power these days and get louder easier. I’ve had both 4” and 3” could woofers and I’m staying with 3”

I am know I want to upgrade my subs now. I want two 18s. Its between PSI Stage 5 18s or have two custom 18s built.

The customs are 2500-3500 RMS, Ti basket, triple stack, 4" team double layer flat wound coils, mega roll surround. Which would cost about $800-$1000 w/ labor to get both built.

But I was looking at PSI Stage 5 18s with the upgrades make it almost $2000 but they are 3500-4500 RMS each.

Just would like to hear opinions about the PSIs and if anyone has had any experience with them I'd love to hear that too. I know PSI are suppose to be awesome for recone kits but how about for their subs?

And also are their any subs I should look at? Requirements are 4" coil, 18", 2500w RMS, $500-$1000 each.

As always thanks in advance for all your comments...

Scott

American Bass has a new monster looking 4" coil sub. Why aren't you shopping out Fi? They have a couple tasty looking options. Personally I've not been terribly impressed with PSi. I'm sure he builds solid but I don't think the motors or parts are anything special.

I wanna go a bit louder. Lol I like what I have now but I have to push it too hard to get it where I want it some times. I wanna make a pretty beefy setup sinice I have the power and wiring to push quite a bit more so I could have it turned like half way up and it be where I like it. Also would like to put up so decent numbers on top of that. But at low freqs.. 155@ 130-140hrz? I really like the lows

93 Dodge Caravan

Excessive Amperage 300amp Hairpin Alt

JVC KD-X340BTS, 2x FU750v2.0 - 18"

12CFT Net Vol. Ported Box Tuned @ 32hrz

Aphard Sound Machete M2000D

3x 100aH Power Sonic Batteries

Sony 5.25 4ways(Dash)

Kicker 6X9 3ways(Rear Hatch)

2/0g AWG OFC Welding Cable

8G AWG OFC Speaker Wire

American Bass has a new monster looking 4" coil sub. Why aren't you shopping out Fi? They have a couple tasty looking options. Personally I've not been terribly impressed with PSi. I'm sure he builds solid but I don't think the motors or parts are anything special.

The ones with the fake DD surrounds? People think they are the same so I guess they win

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

The ones with the fake DD surrounds? People think they are the same so I guess they win

"Godfather" series (anybody remember M&M?)

Not sure about "fake" surrounds. Kicker was doing ribbed surrounds back when their subs were still built by Credence so it's not like that's new. Anyway it's not like the American Bass 4" coil motor is anything different than the PSi or anybody else's. The EMF 4" coil sub is a pretty attractive price as well.

get a ten thousand dollar mtx jackhammer. job done lol

"Godfather" series (anybody remember M&M?)

Not sure about "fake" surrounds. Kicker was doing ribbed surrounds back when their subs were still built by Credence so it's not like that's new. Anyway it's not like the American Bass 4" coil motor is anything different than the PSi or anybody else's. The EMF 4" coil sub is a pretty attractive price as well.

DD surrounds are functional. The rest are not.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

PSI stage 5 18s are no joke. Them things are mean.

Any reason you're not considering the Fi team or Omega?

Or sundown team?

Or Apocalypse DB-SA?

Team Fi 12

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

CT 60.4

Crescendo PWX Mids / STS Tweets

80PRS

CES 270 Alt

D3400 and 2 Kinetik HC2400s

Maxwell supercap banks x2

Urwifeinthepassenger

Or Fanatic Bass 18s? (they are larger than others)

DD surrounds are functional. The rest are not.

Proofs? Again, ribbed surrounds are like 20 years old "technology".

Or Fanatic Bass 18s? (they are larger than others)

Google "fanatic bass subwoofers" can't even turn up a company website. Great name choice... I'm sure that "brand" will go far.

Also AFAIK we have pretty much hit the wall with motor force with Shocker Sig, RE MT, TRF/4hp, triple stack BTL/Mayhem, etc. etc. as far as what you can get out of ferrite magnets. Beyond the amount of magnet you get in any of those (or equivalent size) you'll gain almost nothing in performance for all the extra mass and cost. About the only thing a 120 pound ceramic motor is good for is d!ck measuring contests. Consider the DD95 has been a smaller motor than even those I listed and has proven itself in the lanes. There's a reason nobody who actual speaker engineer has built anything bigger outside of a couple gimmick type things.

Google "fanatic bass subwoofers" can't even turn up a company website. Great name choice... I'm sure that "brand" will go far.

Also AFAIK we have pretty much hit the wall with motor force with Shocker Sig, RE MT, TRF/4hp, triple stack BTL/Mayhem, etc. etc. as far as what you can get out of ferrite magnets. Beyond the amount of magnet you get in any of those (or equivalent size) you'll gain almost nothing in performance for all the extra mass and cost. About the only thing a 120 pound ceramic motor is good for is d!ck measuring contests. Consider the DD95 has been a smaller motor than even those I listed and has proven itself in the lanes. There's a reason nobody who actual speaker engineer has built anything bigger outside of a couple gimmick type things.

DD is different.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

Doesn't EXO have psi 5s in his little blue Saturn? The car gets pretty nasty in his vids.

giphy.gif

This is because we are mostly active on facebook.

Within the first 2 years of opening, we already set 7 World Records in DbDrag. We are looking to overtake the loudest World Records soon.

We do not use any off the shelf parts except for the magnet(s). Everything else is custom tooled and manufactured in house so nobody copies us nor we copy anyone else.

This is because we are mostly active on facebook.

Within the first 2 years of opening, we already set 7 World Records in DbDrag. We are looking to overtake the loudest World Records soon.

We do not use any off the shelf parts except for the magnet(s). Everything else is custom tooled and manufactured in house so nobody copies us nor we copy anyone else.

yeah but do u show products and have prices listed? hard for us to buy/shop or spread the "word" if we can't see those.. guess this is it? https://www.facebook.com/fanaticbass/

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

yeah but do u show products and have prices listed? hard for us to buy/shop or spread the "word" if we can't see those.. guess this is it? https://www.facebook.com/fanaticbass/

One of the groups we created here- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1843533362553597/

MAP is as follows-

400w-

8"- $219

450w-

12"- $269

850w-

12"- $399

15"- $419

1600w-

12"- $584

15"- $599

3000w-

12"- $869

15"- $889

18" OS- $959

5000w N52-

12"- $1679

15"- $1699

18" OS- $1799

MidBass-

1500w-

12"- $344

15"- $374

18" OS- $419

DD is different.

It's funny watching them pretend that any of the stuff there is "new". Again, Credence was doing ribbed surrounds 20 years ago.

Doesn't EXO have psi 5s in his little blue Saturn? The car gets pretty nasty in his vids.

I thought he was using the old Soundstream XXX with PSi softparts. The point being once you're in that tier woofer it's not like there's any dramatic difference between one and the next.

652.jpg

Definitely not going to click faceberg links.

Seriously though, pick a name that'll come up in the first 2 pages with a google search.

It's funny watching them pretend that any of the stuff there is "new". Again, Credence was doing ribbed surrounds 20 years ago.

I thought he was using the old Soundstream XXX with PSi softparts. The point being once you're in that tier woofer it's not like there's any dramatic difference between one and the next.

652.jpg

Definitely not going to click faceberg links.

Seriously though, pick a name that'll come up in the first 2 pages with a google search.

Again. The other ribs where not different density. So they didn’t do anything.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

Again. The other ribs where not different density. So they didn’t do anything.

Sounds like typical DD marketing hype to me. Show me proof that these do anything different performance-wise than the Kicker ones.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now