PSI Stage 5 for next subs?

LetMyBeatPound

CarAudio.com Exclusive
I am know I want to upgrade my subs now. I want two 18s. Its between PSI Stage 5 18s or have two custom 18s built.

The customs are 2500-3500 RMS, Ti basket, triple stack, 4" team double layer flat wound coils, mega roll surround. Which would cost about $800-$1000 w/ labor to get both built.

But I was looking at PSI Stage 5 18s with the upgrades make it almost $2000 but they are 3500-4500 RMS each.

Just would like to hear opinions about the PSIs and if anyone has had any experience with them I'd love to hear that too. I know PSI are suppose to be awesome for recone kits but how about for their subs?

And also are their any subs I should look at? Requirements are 4" coil, 18", 2500w RMS, $500-$1000 each.

As always thanks in advance for all your comments...

Scott

Psi is good stuff... I like buying sundown yard sale for the cheap. And then recone if needed. U could get some nsv3 or nsv4 or zv5 for that kind of doe

Idk why u want a 4” coil... 3” can handle tons of power these days and get louder easier. I’ve had both 4” and 3” could woofers and I’m staying with 3”

I am know I want to upgrade my subs now. I want two 18s. Its between PSI Stage 5 18s or have two custom 18s built.
The customs are 2500-3500 RMS, Ti basket, triple stack, 4" team double layer flat wound coils, mega roll surround. Which would cost about $800-$1000 w/ labor to get both built.

But I was looking at PSI Stage 5 18s with the upgrades make it almost $2000 but they are 3500-4500 RMS each.

Just would like to hear opinions about the PSIs and if anyone has had any experience with them I'd love to hear that too. I know PSI are suppose to be awesome for recone kits but how about for their subs?

And also are their any subs I should look at? Requirements are 4" coil, 18", 2500w RMS, $500-$1000 each.

As always thanks in advance for all your comments...

Scott
American Bass has a new monster looking 4" coil sub. Why aren't you shopping out Fi? They have a couple tasty looking options. Personally I've not been terribly impressed with PSi. I'm sure he builds solid but I don't think the motors or parts are anything special.

I wanna go a bit louder. Lol I like what I have now but I have to push it too hard to get it where I want it some times. I wanna make a pretty beefy setup sinice I have the power and wiring to push quite a bit more so I could have it turned like half way up and it be where I like it. Also would like to put up so decent numbers on top of that. But at low freqs.. 155@ 130-140hrz? I really like the lows

American Bass has a new monster looking 4" coil sub. Why aren't you shopping out Fi? They have a couple tasty looking options. Personally I've not been terribly impressed with PSi. I'm sure he builds solid but I don't think the motors or parts are anything special.
The ones with the fake DD surrounds? People think they are the same so I guess they win

The ones with the fake DD surrounds? People think they are the same so I guess they win
"Godfather" series (anybody remember M&M?)

Not sure about "fake" surrounds. Kicker was doing ribbed surrounds back when their subs were still built by Credence so it's not like that's new. Anyway it's not like the American Bass 4" coil motor is anything different than the PSi or anybody else's. The EMF 4" coil sub is a pretty attractive price as well.

"Godfather" series (anybody remember M&M?)
Not sure about "fake" surrounds. Kicker was doing ribbed surrounds back when their subs were still built by Credence so it's not like that's new. Anyway it's not like the American Bass 4" coil motor is anything different than the PSi or anybody else's. The EMF 4" coil sub is a pretty attractive price as well.
DD surrounds are functional. The rest are not.

DD surrounds are functional. The rest are not.
Proofs? Again, ribbed surrounds are like 20 years old "technology".

Or Fanatic Bass 18s? (they are larger than others)
Google "fanatic bass subwoofers" can't even turn up a company website. Great name choice... I'm sure that "brand" will go far.

Also AFAIK we have pretty much hit the wall with motor force with Shocker Sig, RE MT, TRF/4hp, triple stack BTL/Mayhem, etc. etc. as far as what you can get out of ferrite magnets. Beyond the amount of magnet you get in any of those (or equivalent size) you'll gain almost nothing in performance for all the extra mass and cost. About the only thing a 120 pound ceramic motor is good for is d!ck measuring contests. Consider the DD95 has been a smaller motor than even those I listed and has proven itself in the lanes. There's a reason nobody who actual speaker engineer has built anything bigger outside of a couple gimmick type things.

Google "fanatic bass subwoofers" can't even turn up a company website. Great name choice... I'm sure that "brand" will go far.

Also AFAIK we have pretty much hit the wall with motor force with Shocker Sig, RE MT, TRF/4hp, triple stack BTL/Mayhem, etc. etc. as far as what you can get out of ferrite magnets. Beyond the amount of magnet you get in any of those (or equivalent size) you'll gain almost nothing in performance for all the extra mass and cost. About the only thing a 120 pound ceramic motor is good for is d!ck measuring contests. Consider the DD95 has been a smaller motor than even those I listed and has proven itself in the lanes. There's a reason nobody who actual speaker engineer has built anything bigger outside of a couple gimmick type things.
DD is different.

This is because we are mostly active on facebook.

Within the first 2 years of opening, we already set 7 World Records in DbDrag. We are looking to overtake the loudest World Records soon.

We do not use any off the shelf parts except for the magnet(s). Everything else is custom tooled and manufactured in house so nobody copies us nor we copy anyone else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.