Subwoofers or midrange

Participant count
  • Participant list

Llt1980

Iowa
I am doing a complete overhaul on my shaker system all I have left to do is the 8 inch Subwoofers in the doors right now I have 4 kenwood 2 way 6x8 all new new 10 inch kicker comp r running off a 1000 watt JL audio slash amp my question is would it be better to go with 2 kicker comp c 8 inch or 2 8 inch midrange speakers in the doors

IMO I'd go with the mid bass/range in door over the sub. One fctor is the sub relly needs n enclosure to perform t its best nd I know first hand how difficult it can be to try to fab an enclosure in a door/body panel.

Is this in a stang? If so what year? Cause I had a 06 get with the shaker 500 system and the 8"subs in the door have a enclosure in the door. Kicker made a replacement for them for saleen I think, I dont remember, you'll have to look it up. They are the only replacement sub that fits that enclosure since they have a bolt that goes in from the backside and it's a odd shape enclosure.

Mine is a 06 it's has the same thing inside the door from the looks of it when I put my 6x8 in but the biggest question I had would i really need subs there I'm sure the 10s are going to take care of the lows very well

I'm sure you wouldnt need them, but I did look the kickers were made for shelby and you can get them for 150 from shelby's site I believe. Just Google kicker replacement subs and it should link you to them.

Mine is a 06 it's has the same thing inside the door from the looks of it when I put my 6x8 in but the biggest question I had would i really need subs there I'm sure the 10s are going to take care of the lows very well
Absolutely do not use subs for midbass duty, its a terrible idea along with having multiple different sized subs in the car. You get cancellation from multiple places aka from the trunk along with the door subs firing against eachother. Its destructive wave interference that will just cancel eachother out. us a proper midbass driver like silverflutes, exodus anarchy*requires work to fit* or crescendo pwx.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.