Sguirrelfeather

Good mid-bass and enclosure size

I thought I had waived him off, but my friend wants to pursue building two small enclosures which can be turned towards his hatchback for parties and whatnot. Anyway, he wants it to be loud, sound good, and look great. The looks we can deal with in the design phase. Loud, I know. Sounds good, I know. Loud and sounds good....subjective. Lol

I was thinking of using PRV and going with the 8MR500-NDY-4 for mid-bass and 5MR450-NDY 5 for midrange. I currently own the 5. Loud, sounds great. I don't have experience with the 8, though. I'm running Crescendo PWX 8s, and they sound great. Anyone know if the PRV would do well?

Either way, the box they'll go in will house a single 8, 5, and tweeter, so there will be two boxes. For whatever drivers you recommend, what size airspace would you recommend? I know to keep the 8 and 5 separate, and if I don't find a sealed tweet that I like, I'll seal it off in the box as well.

And finally, he likes a silver tweeter which is horn loaded. I've seen plenty in the 8 ohm range, but need em in 4 ohm. Lots to choose from, but most seem like they will fall short of the PRVs.

Any help would be appreciated.

U should hear the fu 6.5" mids guy on fu fb page made a box for his son with them and tweets sounds amazing.. another guy has mids in doors showed video of him like 100 feet away from van it was loud af..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Why not just open the car doors and trunk? Thats what I used to do when my friends had bonfires in the country.

giphy.gif

Why not just open the car doors and trunk? Thats what I used to do when my friends had bonfires in the country.

Been doing that for years.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

That's what I suggested, but he wants something for when you open the back. Thinks it would be cool. It's his money and his car, so who am I to argue? I just want to do it right.

@Jeffdachef You use the 6.5 PRV. Do you think the 8 will have enough midbass given that it'll be in its own enclosure, or should I have him go with a Crescendo PWX? Or, something else?

Makes too much sense. People like the guy op is trying to help hate making sense.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

[quote name='Sguirrelfeather']@Jeffdachef You use the 6.5 PRV. Do you think the 8 will have enough midbass given that it'll be in its own enclosure, or should I have him go with a Crescendo PWX? Or, something else?[/QUOTE]

get like the crescendo ultra neo 12 or 10. Would be loud, plays up high and have some decent upper midbass.

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

I didn’t read much of this but if you plan on enclosing then then kiss mid bass good by.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

And you would suggest porting it? We go to all the trouble to seal our doors to increase midbass, but a sealed enclosure would be bad for the same?

And you would suggest porting it? We go to all the trouble to seal our doors to increase midbass, but a sealed enclosure would be bad for the same?

That’s not why we seal doors. It’s to prevent rear wave meeting front wave and lower resonance.

Space makes bass. Look at the size of towers.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

That’s not why we seal doors. It’s to prevent rear wave meeting front wave and lower resonance.

Space makes bass. Look at the size of towers.

the last few conversations on here have been more like http://www.homeaudio.com LoL its a good thing tho as this forum isnt exactly as bustling as the lore of the days of old would suggest that it was

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

I didn’t read much of this but if you plan on enclosing then then kiss mid bass good by.

seems like you never tried it. Lower midbass dies but 80-200hz gets a massive bump when you throw a PA mid in a sealed enclosure vs IB, Pretty weak below 63hz though.

A pair of Eminence Beta 8s or 10s and their asd-1001 compression drivers make for a pretty sick combo.

I built a set of wakeboard tower speakers with a 8" can, beta 8cx, and the 1001 coaxially mounted to the woofer. Used eminence crossovers, and a Lpad on the compression driver to be able to pad it down a tad for when up close listening, or turn it up and jam out 75ft back at 25mph

To this day my favorite speaker setup for being loud, clear, and punchy

seems like you never tried it. Lower midbass dies but 80-200hz gets a massive bump when you throw a PA mid in a sealed enclosure vs IB, Pretty weak below 63hz though.

youre calling 63 hz midbass?

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

I think he’s just being hard headed.

I’m sure he knows 200hz is still mid bass

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL

yes 60 and above is midbass.

yes 60 and above is midbass.

60-300hz is bass.

I guess everyone has their own opinion.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Hertz HV165XL