Humming/Buzzing Noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

kwatson30

I have a JL 500/1 amp w/ 15" Eclipse sub. Everything was working fine when I went into a store. When I returned and turned my car on, I immediately heard a loud Humming/buzzing noise coming from my back left speaker and sub. I immediately turned off the radio, but it didn't stop the noise.

I then unhooked the back left speaker to stop the noise, and had to unhook the RCAs to the amp to stop the noise from the sub. When I reconnect the speaker and RCAs, the noise starts again and no music will play out of the particular speakers, and no bass comes out of the sub. All other speakers work fine... any idea what the issue is?

Problem should be either your RCAs shorting out to ground or an internal fault with your head unit... replace RCAs to test. Be VERY careful, that sort of "noise" can burn up speakers fast and that is not good for your amp. I'd be testing with a speaker you don't care about and be ready to power off the amp quick if the noise persists.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.