Help getting my pa mid's blend with my tweets

Participant count
  • Participants list

bajbass

baj
Ok so I have some pa powerbass xpro 6.5 mid's in my door and massive ct-2 tweets in the dash just wondering if it's better to cross the tweets high like 5k or so and just let the mids take care of 5k and down since it was noted in the manual it could play up to 7k I think ...usually I get a better staging crossing the tweeter lower..

just experiment, it'll be different in every car. some cars worked fine with 3k at -18 db, some works great at 8k at -6 db, some worked great at 2.5 at -24 db. Its all dependant on the midrange driver and overall interactions with the vehicle's acoustics. Cookie cutter crossover points wont help you, you need to put in at least an hour of experimenting.

ok i also read some where if u use a 12 db slope on both mids and highs u need to reverse the polarity on the tweets so they will be back in phase at crossover point is that true?

No, that is not true. Changing amplitude (applying a crossover) has no relation to changing phase.

Edit: actually, changing the polarity of the tweet relarive to the mid could create destructive interference, reducing total output.

ok i also read some where if u use a 12 db slope on both mids and highs u need to reverse the polarity on the tweets so they will be back in phase at crossover point is that true?
Sent from my SGH-S970G using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.