Help me plz, the local audio shops aren't interested

Participant count
  • Participants list

Mondo225

Essex
Hi there, could anybody please help me with my questions?

I have a 5 Dr suzuki swift sport.

I have replaced all the factory speakers with alpine type g components up front and coaxials in the rear and a alpine swe815 in the boot/trunk doors and covered in silent coat as well as the boot

My problems are that the speaker are running off the head unit which work fine but I always planned to add a 4 channel amplifier for the front stage leaving the head unit to drive the rears.

My real problem is how to wire up the speakers at the head unit? I already have a stinger rca converter on the rear channels for the sub. And I was gonna replace it with 4 channel converter as not to take up to much space behind the dash. My concern is that if I tap in to all the speakers behind the head unit where and how to I wire the speakers to the amp if the head unit wiring is now being used to send the send the signal to the converter for the rca. This is confusing the crap out of me. And if someone could help me with a simple solution and maybe a diagram that would be brilliant. I'm determined to do it myself if I can as my budget is quite low.

Many thanks in advance.

Get an aftermarket h/u. Unless you are interesting in installing a dsp
yeah get a $120 usd or less hu with xovers, 24bit da convertor and 3 -4v preamp outputs and run rcas to the amps
He is in the UK so figure he'll pay easily double what we do for a head unit.

My amp has a dsp built-in. No money in the budget for a head unit upgrade yet and my rca converter has a 8v output
You'll just need to figure out which wires (behind the head unit) go to which speakers. Cut the ones that you want to amp and use the two coming out of your head to feed your converter use the ones going into the car to connect the amp to the speakers (or run new speaker wire from the amp all the way to the speakers).

What is the model number of the amplifier and converter you have?

If the converter is like others that I have used, you just tap each speaker pair and run them to the input on the converter, which then converts the signal to RCA. The RCA's would then go from the converter output to the amp input. You would then run speaker wires from the amp outputs to each speaker.

If space is tight in the dash, you could mount the converter with the amp running the tap wires to it. I usually use an AudioControl LC2i (or similar) and will tap my speaker pairs as close to the speaker as possible and then mount it in close proximity to the amp. It is sometimes easier to put them behind a interior panel than behind the dash. I hope this helps you out some.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.