Have a basic question I can not find answer to

Participant count
  • Participant list

msladya

I am running 2 amps, one for my subs the other for highs. The one I have for the highs is the kenwood kac304. My problem is I am about to wire up the speakers. I see the amp is marked A at the top B at the bottom I also see negative positive. So I know what wire should go where as far as negative positive, Is what I am confused on is does A mean front speakers and those are both on top and right and left or does B mean on top. Basically as dumb as it may sound I dont know if I am supposed to put the front speakers on top screws or the back or one each I just dont know. It is my first install and I got stuck doing it alone, I already have every thing else figured out , if anyone can look up the Kac304 and tell me which is which I would be so grateful

Yes, A = Top (left/right) and B = Bottom (left/right). Match your RCA cables to your amp inputs. For example, if the RCA cable on the back of your H/U is connected to the "Front" RCA output, connect that RCA cable to the amp input "A". That makes "A" your front speakers and vice versa.

Yes, A = Top (left/right) and B = Bottom (left/right). Match your RCA cables to your amp inputs. For example, if the RCA cable on the back of your H/U is connected to the "Front" RCA output, connect that RCA cable to the amp input "A". That makes "A" your front speakers and vice versa.
I really appreciate the answer thank you , I did get everything hooked up, And honestly it does not sound to bad , There is only 1 problem I can not seem to fix, I am very picky about my sound, I love my bass but at the same time I want to hear the words to the song so I am picky about making sure it balances out ( I hope that makes sense). I do not like hearing all the vocals and then hearing the base as if it is coming directly from behind me I want it to blend, Now I have checked all speakers and they all have sound and seemed to be working. I have checked the balance and fadder settings on the head unit all are set evenly, So why is it that when I'm listening to it , It sounds like all the vocals are coming from the front, Instead of all around , I then try to adjust base with the remote line that the amp came with and even turning it a tiny bit then makes base so over powering I cant hear vocals. The whole reason I bought 2 amps was so I had one to push my highs,

The head unit has so many settings I get confused,

Heres my system break down my car is a 2003 ford escape

2 ,, 12 kicker subs

1,, pioneer amp 1000 watts

1 Kenwood amp model kac 304,

JVC KW R930bt

If anyone can give a suggestion of the head units settings or what they should be I would be greatful

what speakers did you use for mids/highs, and are they component or coax.

I generally turn my bass on HU below 0.

the remote knob with amp should be set where max is the point your amp is highest output without distorting so it would only be wherever you set the gain at during set up but can always turn down when wanted.

Where is the High Pass filter set on the KAC-304

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.