Looking for old school---

Participant count
  • Participants list
I have a ZR1000 but it is mint like new condition with end caps and badge ..I recently had it recapped so it’s not a cheap one ...
What are you looking for?(Curiosity)

Yeah this is just going in my work driver.May be open to a couple 240's if possible.

What are you looking for?(Curiosity)Yeah this is just going in my work driver.May be open to a couple 240's if possible.
Tomorrow evening..I’ll be where I can go over my old school Kicker amps ..I have a nice DX700 also that style in the monoblock..a couple 4ch 460s and several models of 2 chs

Tomorrow evening..I’ll be where I can go over my old school Kicker amps ..I have a nice DX700 also that style in the monoblock..a couple 4ch 460s and several models of 2 chs
Bump for

Can you answer me why you want old stuff? I saw a really good article a few days ago. I’ll try to find it.
A lot of people like the old school quality built stuff over the new Chinese flood market stuff that barely makes it through warranty period and sounds like garbage doing it ..almost all the once quality brands have been bought out and are crap now ..the couple of good brands left are priced up there in the big money ..I use old school stuff in most all my builds and enjoy it ..

A lot of people like the old school quality built stuff over the new Chinese flood market stuff that barely makes it through warranty period and sounds like garbage doing it ..almost all the once quality brands have been bought out and are crap now ..the couple of good brands left are priced up there in the big money ..I use old school stuff in most all my builds and enjoy it ..
I think you would enjoy the article.

I can’t find it. But basically it showed stats and facts.

Old school can’t hang $ for $, foot print per foot print.

They are considerably unreliable giving the shelf life of the parts used.

They where not built any better then a better then low budget amp from China.

Power, efficiency, and capability is behind.

I’ve considered doing OG amps but I always talk myself out of it. Proof is in the pudding, we use new amps to set records.

I can’t find it. But basically it showed stats and facts. Old school can’t hang $ for $, foot print per foot print.

They are considerably unreliable giving the shelf life of the parts used.

They where not built any better then a better then low budget amp from China.

Power, efficiency, and capability is behind.

I’ve considered doing OG amps but I always talk myself out of it. Proof is in the pudding, we use new amps to set records.
I get what you're saying but I'm a nostalgic old mofo.Def not trying to set any records.Just rock out back n forth to work.I believe and this is just my personal opinion that old school Kicker and Rockford amps have their own sound.I have switched out my PPI 900.4 with my RF 800a4 and my ears can tell the difference.Personal preference is all.

Well said.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.