lowest voltage an amp should see

Participant count
  • Participant list

youdoofus

Skibidi
i know that this will vary across amp brands and build houses, but what is the danger area one should be looking out for before damage to an amp occurs? From what i understand, some of the korean and really the brazilian amps really dont like less than 12.4, but i see 11.6 on my voltage meter at stop lights every so often, and i immediately either turn it down, or pop into neutral and rev to about 1000 or 1100 to bring the voltage back up, not the best solution i know. But until i get an AGM and 0 gauge, itll have to do.

From what i hear, some of the older american amps couldnt really care less if you give them 8 volts, 5.635 volts (im kidding, of course) but theyll take low voltages without as much of a concern as these newer amps. Just curious if there is a modicum of truth to this theory.

Ever since i got a volt meter in my car, ive obviously been able to OCD out on the raw numbers more, and yes ive calibrated it several time to make sure its at least pretty darn close to what the amps are actually seeing

Old Zed stuff was supposed to be ok 11-15 volt range but that type of build usually dose not have big dynamic headroom.
i think you could probably run old zed stuff at 3 volts and it would just shrug it off LoL

Heat is the killer my friend
for sure, heat is cancer for all electronics. But the voltage question is still there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.