Subwoofer Hits way harder when idiling

black_hawk_8819

Hello Everybody! I am having problems with my Subwoofer not hitting real hard when my car is moving. The subwoofer hits, however, it is really light. Without adjusting the volume, I can come to a complete stop at a stoplight, and the subwoofer starts hitting super hard, shaking the entire car. I have an Alpine UTE-52BT Deck, a Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Amp, and a JL Audio 10W0v3-4 Subwoofer. Does anybody know why the subwoofer hits way harder when idling vs barley hitting when moving and a possible solution to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Everybody! I am having problems with my Subwoofer not hitting real hard when my car is moving. The subwoofer hits, however, it is really light. Without adjusting the volume, I can come to a complete stop at a stoplight, and the subwoofer starts hitting super hard, shaking the entire car. I have an Alpine UTE-52BT Deck, a Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Amp, and a JL Audio 10W0v3-4 Subwoofer. Does anybody know why the subwoofer hits way harder when idling vs barley hitting when moving and a possible solution to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance!
I don't have a real answer for you, other than it's possible that your vehicle turns the alternator on when at idle to keep up with the AC and turns off when driving or turns down when driving because it's producing more power.

I'd put a voltmeter on the amp input terminals and see what your voltage is at idle vs driving when the condition occurs

Thanks in advance!
my car makes more voltage at idle or to say it better when u drive the car ***** power.. is your sub facing into the car? if so face it to trunk i bet that solves your problem..

I don't have a real answer for you, other than it's possible that your vehicle turns the alternator on when at idle to keep up with the AC and turns off when driving or turns down when driving because it's producing more power.
I'd put a voltmeter on the amp input terminals and see what your voltage is at idle vs driving when the condition occurs
This might be the best answer out of the rest. I would test your voltage when at a dead stop then again when in D while other foot is on the brake pedal. These newer vehicles put a regulator on alts to control this sort of thing.

Sound cancellation by roadnoise or the exhaust tone.

At certain cruising rpms the tone coming from the exhaust could match the frequencies of the bass line but be 180 degrees out of phase causing a partial muting effect.

Just a guess but a possibility, try switching sub phase or adding sound deadening.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

IF your headunit has that option where it automatically adjusts volume with speed of vehicle and you are constantly going and stopping, it can throw it off and sound ridiculous.

IF your headunit has that option where it automatically adjusts volume with speed of vehicle and you are constantly going and stopping, it can throw it off and sound ridiculous.
This is the only logical thing I've heard yet. A volt or two at the battery voltage should be inaudible but some "highway loudness" type thing in the HU makes a lot of sense.

I still don't know what this automatic sound levelizer does on my 80prs.. Other than make it seem like some ******* is screwing with the eq while im driving.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.