Voltmeter + location

Participant count
  • Participants list

CplCuddles

Certified Meme Warrior
Hey guys,

So I have an easy question, I hope. I know people say when putting in a voltmeter you want to hook it up to your amp inputs to get the best reading. If I have say 2-3 amps and I hook it up to the power distro within a foot from each input will that give me a good reading for all the amps?

If you are only using 1 voltmeter, this is what i'd do-

If this distro is controlling the power distribution to all amplifiers, then you would do 1 of the 2 following-

1- Connect the voltmeter to the amp that will potentially always pull the most power.

If they are all relatively about equal, then connect the voltmeter to the distro block on the side that goes directly to all the amplifiers, but ALSO check the following as well-

Look at the voltmeter's reading when playing loud.

Now, while playing, individually measure each amplifier's voltage via DMM and compare to voltmeter.

This will ensure that no other variables are at play that could possibly force one amplifier to be losing voltage compared to the others.

And as always, if you are leary about electrical stability, can always install one of our SMART Voltmeters which are user programmable.

They will shut down any and all audio equipment if voltage trips a set threshold immediately to protect equipment from failing when electrical issues arise without the user being aware at the time of driving.

If you are only using 1 voltmeter, this is what i'd do-
If this distro is controlling the power distribution to all amplifiers, then you would do 1 of the 2 following-

1- Connect the voltmeter to the amp that will potentially always pull the most power.

If they are all relatively about equal, then connect the voltmeter to the distro block on the side that goes directly to all the amplifiers, but ALSO check the following as well-

Look at the voltmeter's reading when playing loud.

Now, while playing, individually measure each amplifier's voltage via DMM and compare to voltmeter.

This will ensure that no other variables are at play that could possibly force one amplifier to be losing voltage compared to the others.

And as always, if you are leary about electrical stability, can always install one of our SMART Voltmeters which are user programmable.

They will shut down any and all audio equipment if voltage trips a set threshold immediately to protect equipment from failing when electrical issues arise without the user being aware at the time of driving.
That smart voltmeter looks pretty neat, thanks for the info!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.