4 8’s in a Tahoe

tallnlow

Has anyone ran 4 8’s in a ported box in a Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade? I want to run 2 12’s ported but due to lack of air space, the box needs to be less than 3.5 cubic feet which leads me to 4 8’s ported. I’m going for both SQ and SPL. I’m not trying to go for numbers, I just need more output than my current two NVX VSW 124’s I have sealed.

Also, any recommendations besides sundown for 8’s? Looking to spend less than $150 a sub, wattage doesn’t matter to much. Just looking for a good 8 that sounds great that will get loud and decently low in a ported box.

3.5cu total or after all displacement? Going to be tuff filling that cabin with very little cone area. I would try and squeeze a quality 15 in with like 2k. Dc xl like small ported but will need 3.5 after displacement. Are you trying to put it behind 3rd row and still have room for groceries?

Depends on what power u have but I’d rather have a high powered 12” in a ported box. Like a xv2 or zv5 etc

I should of been a little more specific. The Tahoe is bagged and body dropped. The rear is completely tubbed and sheet metal’d. Here’s a few pictures.

Basically what I’m going to be doing putting my box on top of the notch cover, where my current air management is. I’m moving that somewhere else. I have a plan for how everything is going to look. The reason why I thought of 4 8’s is because aesthetically, they’ll look good. I am more than willing to stick with 12’s or even a single 15. I listen to mostly reggae, hip hop, old school, rock every now and then. I’m looking for good sound quality for my normal listening, but also be able to turn up the bass when I’m cruising around. Keep in mind, I listen to mostly reggae, so i’d Like subs that play low and don’t mind playing higher in the bass spectrum.

It’s just about 3.5 cubic feet before any displacement, but I’m able to do an external port which will save a lot of space. Wattage wise, I’m pretty open to anything under 3,000w.

buy a pair of these on pre-order and let us know how they do.

i follow this company on facebook, looks like they make some pretty high quality drivers, albeit expensive, but appear to be good quality.

but $250 for a really nice 8 isn't too bad...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.